ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

gabe3666 Thanks for the video!
I wasn't going to go for EFX's helmet, but I've been curious about their version ever since I received my Anovos. I have to admit, despite the imperfections on the Anovos, I'm still okay with it, especially after seeing those wavy lines across the top of EFX's version. Ouch...

They probably know that they would block groups like the 501st by zapping those sellers which would heavily backfire (crossref: disney gallery: Mandalorian). And they alsu use those groups for their Stormie groups on the premieres
Lucasfilm appreciated the 501st, back in the before time. I'm not sure how much of that carried over. There's been a lot of shake-up vis-a-vis the things that used to happen to nowadays. See, in part, the demise of Star Wars Weekends, which, -- apart from a couple hiccups, was an annual thing at Disney World for a whole bunch of Star Wars costumers. Up until they ended in 2015.

Up until then, the 501st had a whole bunch of wearable Stormtrooper costumes, where Lucasfilm didn't. The 501st had a bunch of wearable Clone Trooper costumes, where Lucasfilm never did, as it was a digital asset in AOTC and ROTS. Now Lucasfilm has a crap-ton of Stormtrooper costumes for more than one era, thanks to Rogue One, TFA, and TLJ. I'll be curious to see, going forward, how often the 501st gets invited to things. Only person I can think of who would actively want to involve the costuming groups is Dave Filoni. Less sure about Jon Favreau, and very unsure about Kathleen Kennedy (after fan backlash to the Sequel Trilogy, she's probably not feeling too charitable toward them). We'll see. I hope I'm wrong.

Lucasfilm appreciated the 501st, back in the before time. I'm not sure how much of that carried over. There's been a lot of shake-up vis-a-vis the things that used to happen to nowadays. See, in part, the demise of Star Wars Weekends, which, -- apart from a couple hiccups, was an annual thing at Disney World for a whole bunch of Star Wars costumers. Up until they ended in 2015.

Up until then, the 501st had a whole bunch of wearable Stormtrooper costumes, where Lucasfilm didn't. The 501st had a bunch of wearable Clone Trooper costumes, where Lucasfilm never did, as it was a digital asset in AOTC and ROTS. Now Lucasfilm has a crap-ton of Stormtrooper costumes for more than one era, thanks to Rogue One, TFA, and TLJ. I'll be curious to see, going forward, how often the 501st gets invited to things. Only person I can think of who would actively want to involve the costuming groups is Dave Filoni. Less sure about Jon Favreau, and very unsure about Kathleen Kennedy (after fan backlash to the Sequel Trilogy, she's probably not feeling too charitable toward them). We'll see. I hope I'm wrong.
Why did they use 501st members in The Mandalorian if they have so many suits available?

Disney isn't doing much with high end prop licensing. They get some benefit from the costuming community. I doubt they will crack down on the suppliers of the costumes even if they are not licensed.

Why did they use 501st members in The Mandalorian if they have so many suits available?

Disney isn't doing much with high end prop licensing. They get some benefit from the costuming community. I doubt they will crack down on the suppliers of the costumes even if they are not licensed.

Favreau said in the last episode of the Gallery behind the scenes show that they only had about 30 Stormtrooper suits and needed to call them to help out. No idea why they only had so few of the OT-ish suits.

Wow....
I honestly didn't know much about the 501st. I thought it was just a bunch of hardcore fans who occasionally organized special events for kids.
...people.......

Hopefully it is just a few in the 501st getting too big of egos. Power and prestige has a tendency to cause issues over time regardless of what the group is for.

It's bad when a group starts to think they are superior to other fans that are not part of that group. Unfortunately there are several groups that have attitudes like that within SW fandom.

Many 501st members are very helpful to others interested in building accurate costumes.

Favreau said in the last episode of the Gallery behind the scenes show that they only had about 30 Stormtrooper suits and needed to call them to help out. No idea why they only had so few of the OT-ish suits.
I would imagine some have been lost to production, plus my guess is they make the bare minimum and use digital extension for shots with tons of troopers.

Back on topic. For the record, I just received the AT-AT helmet today after waiting 2 years and 7 months.
CDF54DB0-E9C8-4DAA-AD92-6DB7AFE003CE.jpeg
2C2CE8B3-65D6-45EB-91C3-BDD3E6A0A2D3.jpeg
E139CEF0-BC87-4C4B-802B-4F1BD8B3D20D.jpeg
9A7027A8-81E0-467E-926D-AB03634007B0.jpeg

The AT-AT helmet has been shipped previously. They seem to have been getting more stock of other previously shipped items as well. Having shipments of items that have not been shipped before has been pretty rare even though they have had a long list of never shipped products for years.

I'm still waiting on the Star Trek Next Generation Phasers and Tricorders that said they were going to make 5 years ago and never did. I'm just glad they never actually put them up for sale as I would have jumped on them in a heartbeat and most likely still be waiting for them.

I'm still waiting on the Star Trek Next Generation Phasers and Tricorders that said they were going to make 5 years ago and never did. I'm just glad they never actually put them up for sale as I would have jumped on them in a heartbeat and most likely still be waiting for them.
There have been products that have been displayed at conventions but never sold as far as I know. One was a very limited Chewbacca costume. Some helmets include the Rogue 1 TK helmet, mud trooper helmet from Solo, and Sith Trooper. I would be surprised if they make any of these considering how much of a backlog they have to catch up on and they have some newer "Interest List" items that have not been put up for sale yet.

I seem to recall, at some point, they announced the TNG props weren't happening. They had a Type III phaser rifle at a con they were teasing, but they later decided not to pursue them due to lack of interest.

Sean

I know they have a backlog of things announced that they have never and will probably never make and I was also aware, after a few years of waiting, they had cancelled the TNG things. I just wasn't happy about it at the time but now think it was a blessing in disguise.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back