ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Happy to report an arrival today, three years, two months and nine days after ordering. Very happy with the jacket. I requested a change long ago and went down from 2XL to XL owing to concerns about sizing and just as well I did, as XL is great on my 44-inch chest. Length is good considering I'm only 5 foot 2 inches! Has a lovely leather smell too.

At time of ordering I had a 10 per cent off Anovos coupon which brought the jacket down to US$450. I know it's at US$800 now, but I'm not sure I would justify that higher price in today's world.

I also have a version produced by Danny Lopuz a few years ago. Both are individual and both are fantastic. The Anovos has the more direct lineage, of course, so it looks great (to my eye). The leather has a nice grain and may take some wearing in to lose some of its stiffness and it looks tough. Won't be rolling in the dirt wearing it though.

I'm no tailor but the cut and sizing of the two jackets is almost identical. The leather of Danny's jacket (also XL) is perhaps a little too supple, but it drapes nicely and the cotton lining, though making it harder to get your arms in an out of the sleeves, can help on cooler days. The Anovos has satin sleeves so no problems there. We're coming up on summer here in Hong Kong, so won't be able to wear this properly until winter, but I love it so far.

I enclose a picture of the jackets side by side. Because of the lighting the Anovos (right) has a green tint. In reality, it's a medium brown and lightly weathered. No weathering on the Lopuz jacket though which has a very red/brown colouring.

View attachment 1301895

A weak glimmer of hope for Kylo customers but I'll take it. If three years and two months is shipping maybe four years and two months is next?

Wait, don't answer that! lol

As I said in an earlier post, I hadn't checked with the Anovos site for a couple of months until a week or so ago.

I noticed it was "in stock" and decided to nudge the company. Obviously it worked because it was sent out the next day. Guess I got lucky.

I can only hope the same for others. But then again, I still have four orders outstanding. Or 4.5 if you count the half of one order that was sent out (Jyn Erso gloves from the glove and scarf set.).

Their site says pre-order to arrive second quarter 2020... Do you think that's to be another wave or part of what's showing up now and they just left it as pre-order in case they don't get enough in stock?

Cheers
Steven

When I preordered back in January, they said 2Q, so I’m guessing they were just hedging their bet on when they’d actually receive stock.

Sean

What I find so odd is that I really haven't seen a major slow down in my mail: UPS, USPS, FedEx, and Amazon..... maybe a couple days. Amazon came out and said there would be delays on some items due to priority orders... and I am totally fine with it.... and really I cant say Ive seen a real impact to getting stuff due to Covid-19... i get the eta it makes it.
... and i just got a 3D printer from China off Amazon... like how can Anovos be this off....

All i can think is they just aren't being honest with where they are at with production, design, inventory, money flow... how can a refund take longer than 1 month... 1 year... it boggles the mind...

What I find so odd is that I really haven't seen a major slow down in my mail: UPS, USPS, FedEx, and Amazon..... maybe a couple days. Amazon came out and said there would be delays on some items due to priority orders... and I am totally fine with it.... and really I cant say Ive seen a real impact to getting stuff due to Covid-19... i get the eta it makes it.
... and i just got a 3D printer from China off Amazon... like how can Anovos be this off....

All i can think is they just aren't being honest with where they are at with production, design, inventory, money flow... how can a refund take longer than 1 month... 1 year... it boggles the mind...
I don't believe [current] Anovos shipping delays have anything to do with carrier delays due to Covid-19.
I believe Anovos is simply behind schedule (duh) and sending them out as soon as they're completed.
I received my Mando helmet from BBTS yesterday. Will submit pics in a day or two, for those who are interested in seeing how mine compares to the ones in previous posts.

Now I wonder if the rest of the "late Q2" merchandise will be delayed as well.
HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding!! I'm not wondering.

But let me check and see, just in case......hmmm hmm hmmm.......Anovos website....[click]...product delivery update page...[click]......Star Wars....[click]......
scroll down....OH! Most Q2 merchandise pushed back to Q3. Right on schedule.

Glad to hear you received yours pepperbone !

I would definitely love pics. I'm super concerned about the brown weathering, since it has looked off in a lot of the more recent images.

Are you happy with it in general?

Glad to hear you received yours pepperbone !

I would definitely love pics. I'm super concerned about the brown weathering, since it has looked off in a lot of the more recent images.

Are you happy with it in general?
Generally, I'm okay with it.

I'm not a hardcore expert looking for absolute accuracy - no disrespect to those who are, I actually admire your passion and dedication - I just enjoy good work from movies and shows I love.

It is slightly darker that it should be though. Some might argue that the lighting, cinematography and color grading of the show make it look lighter than it really is. Perhaps. But I've been doing photography for 35 years, and I've shot and graded a lot of footage, and to me it's still a shade darker. If I were to replicate the tone of what's seen in the show with balanced lighting, I'd probably need to [tonally] correct this helmet to match it. Of course, I might be wrong. I'll have a better idea once I shoot it. I'll probably shoot in outdoor late-afternoon conditions later today, and daylight and dark studio-ish conditions tomorrow, for everyone to see for themselves.

I wasn't truly bothered with the brown weathering, but that's mostly because I haven't paid much attention to it in the show. Now that I have the Anovos version in-hand, I'll revisit a few episodes today to see how it compares. I'll give my 2-cents when I post the photos.

As most of us already know, the beautiful packaging these items used to come in (prior to Anovos having issues) has been replaced with less refined but just as efficient plain cardboard and bubble wrap. I'm sort of okay with that too, but it's making it difficult to justify the price. Not that I cared for the beautiful packaging, but...

There however is a tiny, insignificant issue I'm having with the fact that mine came with what seems like dusty finger marks. I wasn't sure what it was at first, so naturally I swiped my finger over them - and it came off just fine. But I did mutter a "oh come on" when I unwrapped it. It's not a big deal, but it is a little cheap to me. Again, at that price, I would expect a clean hand-off from the packaging person to the box. I haven't wiped all of it off, so I'll shoot those too.

Anyway, this was a longer reply than I expected - sorry about that.

I'll shoot this thing in the next few days and report back before the weekend.

Now they’re putting the blame on COVID-19! As if before that they were meeting any of the projected or promised delivery schedules! I bet we will have a human land on Mars before this thing ever gets shipped!!

Of course they are being dishonest and milking the hell out of Covid (which is kind of messed up).

They were dishonest too in writing that huge dossier before appearing in person at Celebration ?? The ONLY reason to write that and the only reason they did was to try and elevate discussion above getting assaulted in some way by appeasing people.

In their minds we have funded and consented to them being some kind of Star Wars costume research lab.

I am not joking.

For the benefit of anyone still waiting on TFA armour kits, I’ve been told today that the kits are currently not being manufactured, this is due to them moving production to their US factory, baring in mind I had to send 4 separate messages before they would even admit this I find this a bit annoying. It’s literally shipping vac form bucks, the extent to which they will drag this out is beyond a joke now.

Here’s a first set of DAYLIGHT pics of the Anovos Mando helmet.
(Heads-up if you have a slow connection - there's a lot of pics)

This is “straight out of the box”.

MANDO_A_general_2.jpg
MANDO_A_general_1.jpg
MANDO_A_general_3.jpg

Because of the surface properties of this helmet, showing an accurate photo representation of it depends mostly on what it’s reflecting. Here are a few shots while the helmet was placed in front of a dark surface – so a dark surface BEHIND the camera. In this case it’s a shaded ivy hedge.

MANDO_A_dark_reflection_1.jpg

MANDO_A_dark_reflection_2.jpg

MANDO_A_dark_reflection_3.jpg

In my previous post I mentioned that there was what seemed like dusty finger marks that I swiped-off. Here are shots where you can see those marks that I didn’t swipe off. There’s even one small mark that didn’t come off at all.

MANDO_A_marks_1.jpg

MANDO_A_marks_2.jpg

MANDO_A_marks_3.jpg

There was also a lot of lint and dust, I'm assuming as a result of static when packaging?

MANDO_A_marks_4.jpg

Here’s what seems to me like unintended weathering. Not sure what this is.
The second shot shows more focused weathering on the jaw and the bottom of the ear piece.

MANDO_A_unintended_weathering.jpg

MANDO_A_weather_5.jpg

Here are close-up shots of the brown weathering to evaluate.

MANDO_A_weather_1.jpg

MANDO_A_weather_2.jpg

MANDO_A_weather_3.jpg
MANDO_A_weather_4.jpg

MANDO_A_weather_6.jpg

MANDO_A_weather_7.jpg

MANDO_A_weather_8.jpg

I never noticed how that “carved portion” of the face had a different texture and finish. Much more textured and matted-out than the rest.
In some of the stills from the show, certain helmets clearly don’t have that, in other stills it’s too hard to tell.

MANDO_A_carved.jpg

Another thing I didn’t notice was how lighter that back plate / vent is, compared to the rest of the helmet. I’ll pay attention once I re-watch the show.

MANDO_A_back_plate.jpg

MANDO_A_back_plate_2.jpg

Will post more pics (in different lighting conditions) before the weekend.

Jacket is definitely worth the $180 I preordered it for back in 2015/2016.

It has a satin lining where the original jacket had no lining, but this is normal for an every day wearable jacket.

The greeblies are a close enough match but not an exact match to originals.

Piping on sleeves are not the same as original but Anovos gave the reasons why on their production page and I have no complaints with their decision.

The sizing is spot on for me with a medium ordered.

I give it a ****1/2 star rating out of 5 stars!

Recommended product for sure by me.

Last edited:
Jacket is definitely worth the $180 I preordered it for back in 2015/2916.

It has a satin lining where the original jacket had no lining, but this is normal for an every day wearable jacket.

The greeblies are a close enough match but not an exact match to originals.

Piping on sleeves are not the same as original but Anovos gave the reasons why on their production page and I have no complaints with their decision.

The sizing is spot on for me with a medium ordered.

I give it a ****1/2 star rating out of 5 stars!

Recommended product for sure by me.

Very cool! I might track down a large when people get them in hand. I refuse to order directly from Anovos.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back