ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Anyone else have issues with the Fiberglass FO helmet spider cracking? Been sitting on a shelf and hasn’t moved. I took it down to clean it and noticed them

IMG_8248.jpg

IMG_8246.jpg

On a brighter note, I got an email from BBTS that they expect to be shipping my preorder for the Mandalorian helmet in the next few weeks. I hope that means they've got stock in hand and are just processing everyone's orders...

Sean
Hi Sean ,

I was just wondering ... What did you have to do in order for them to reply?

I have called and nobody picks the phone up. I e-mailed them at least 10 times in the past month and nothing ... I was on the waiting list for this helmet for a while =( ...

Hi Sean ,

I have called and nobody picks the phone up. I e-mailed them at least 10 times in the past month and nothing ... I was on the waiting list for this helmet for a while =( ...
Are you talking about Anovos or BBTS?

Hi Sean ,

If you’re talking about BBTS, I did not specifically reach out in this instance. They proactively contacted me via email. However, I’ve had success reaching out to them via FB in the past.

If you’re referring to Anovos, my experience hasn‘t been much better than what you’ve read in this thread...

Sean

Anyone else have issues with the Fiberglass FO helmet spider cracking? Been sitting on a shelf and hasn’t moved. I took it down to clean it and noticed them

View attachment 1295579

View attachment 1295580

Mm - given what we are paying, this shouldn't be happening of course. I don't know if it is a common thing with them but I have worked with fiberglass a lot and I have a semi-educated guess that this area might be a relatively thin section that became subject to flexing of some kind. And the cracks were probably not there until after the painting had been done.

I suspect they occurred when someone glued that black shape in from behind and "pressed" outward from the interior.

It is still a great helmet but the result of someone working too fast. Given the state of this lousy company you can bring it up with them but if you send it back for a replacement I am 100% confident that you will never see it again in any form.

I'm sure there must be other examples of this out there: Recall the bad paint cure on the Phasma helmets? Same basic thing.

But your helmet will not fall apart.

It is IS POSSIBLE to patch if you know what you are doing. But you would need to match the color exactly before proceeding and do tests, etc.

Maybe someone out here lives close to you?

2 months since I ordered my Mando bucket now. Order placed on 3/17, supposed shipping label created on 4/21 (but tracking was not supplied), so still nothing.

I asked for my order to be canceled twice, which was ignored. Will more than likely have to go through my cc company, which I will do on Friday if I don't hear anything before then.

Anovos Mandalorian Helmet Review. I shot video of the helmet in different lighting (LED, sunlight, fluorescent) so make sure to watch until the end.
4k version will likely process in a few hours:

Thanks for the review, Gabe. When did you originally place you order?

Overall the paint looks nice, and if it doesn't bother you then please ignore my comment. But the weathering around the strip in the middle of the dome and going around the brow line is really thick and excessive.

essiexx3 & shiftitsidey77 : Did either of you receive your order yet?

Last edited:
Has anyone here had any luck with a small claims court approach to Anovos? I'm in the typical situation many find themselves in with a 3 year old unfulfilled order that Anovos is promising to refund but never executing the refund. My bank refuses to reverse the charge because it's over 120 days old. I'm wondering if small claims or even the threat of it has ever caused them to actually issue a refund?

I'm aware of the class action, but I don't live in a class member state and that's going to take forever! ;)

Oh man...

I thought I was done with this, but they just announced they have the Solo Premier jacket and tunic in stock...

Do I risk it...?

Sean

I thought I was done with this, but they just announced they have the Solo Premier jacket and tunic in stock...

Do I risk it...?
I'd go with Indy. Even though I'm still hanging in for the things I have on pre-order from ANOVOS, even the things I got from them before they had the Star Wars license and all this started, I got from them what was either unavailable elsewhere or nowhere near as good/accurate. For the Solo jacket and shirt, you have more reliable options.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back