Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by benhs1898, Nov 3, 2015.

1. benhs1898

benhs1898 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wow.

KyloRen04.png KyloRen02.png KyloRen07.png KyloRen09.png KyloRen11.png KyloRen13.png KyloRen15.png KyloRen22.png KyloRen27.png

This 1:1 scale helmet consists of the following features:

• Derived from digital files used in the production of STAR WARS™ EPISODE VII: THE FORCE AWAKENS, as well as scans of an original artifact.
    • Sturdy one-piece fiberglass construction for both helmet and faceplate.
    • Metalized accents.
    • Features weathered deco to replicate screen-used costume.
    • Adjustable head rig that will fit up to a size 8 hat size. Lined interior for finished look.
    • Assembled and finished helmet, ready to wear.
    Pricing

• Tier 1 Pricing: Helmets pre-ordered through November 30, 2015 at 11:59 PM Central Time will be $559.95 USD.
    • IPO Pricing: Helmets pre-ordered after November 30, 2015 11:59 PM Central Time will be $699.95 USD.

KyloRen02.png

KyloRen04.png

KyloRen07.png

KyloRen09.png

KyloRen11.png

KyloRen13.png

KyloRen15.png

KyloRen22.png

KyloRen27.png

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  2. cld213

cld213 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looks great. Probably the most accurate version you're going to see. Turns out all the cries about the Rubies being "too wide" weren't that accurate haha There's going to be a lot of grumbling on the price and I can kind of agree. For that price its going to be a pretty exclusive market. Anovos has also been taking some slag about customer service and delivery of products too. I know they're working on it (as they've stated publicly) and I wonder if the pricing on this isn't going to hurt them a little more. I suppose there's always the 2 piece black series voice changer.

I love this thing though, the helmet design is just awesome and Anovos makes great stuff. Looking forward to seeing some more shots of the prototype or maybe a reveal by anovos closer to the movie release.

3. benhs1898

Yeah the pricing is basically for the "premier line" quality, I think.

Ugghh, so conflicted.

4. robo3687

robo3687 Well-Known Member

hot * I wish I had more money. Black series will have to do for now..

Although I am targeting Ep 8 for having my costume done, so there's plenty of time to save up.

5. joshvanrad

joshvanrad Sr Member

If I could make due without my truck I'd sell it and buy one of these buckets.

Unfinished kit please. I'd buy a cheaper, unfinished kit right this moment if it was offered. Then I could finish it myself... when it comes in 2 years from now.

6. ehollywood

ehollywood New Member

This is so bought
    [​IMG]

PropReplicator2 likes this.
  7. robo3687

does this confirm no visor for the helmet? There's no mention of one and it isn't pictured...

i guess then it would just be a balaclava of some sort covering the eyes.

8. darth pyross

darth pyross Member

Black series helmet looks better than the prototype IMO.

Mr Mold Maker likes this.
  9. Felice

Felice New Member

Really nice bucket! But if i compare it to a ready painted Boba helmet (same base material) it seems to be a little bit expensive. 100$ less for each tier would be looking better.
    Just my 2 cents

10. joshvanrad

joshvanrad Sr Member

The black series is a toy.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    The Amazing SM likes this.
  11. Kylash

Kylash Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Shipping 2035

JJ Griffin and joshvanrad like this.
  12. joshvanrad

joshvanrad Sr Member

13. womo68

womo68 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Is there an ordering link??? I can't seem to find it on Anovos.

14. D3COY

D3COY New Member

Looks great but like a few of the other folks on here the price seems a bit steep. The runs that a couple RPF members have done look almost just as good and are half the price

15. Gyurma

Gyurma Active Member

womo68 likes this.
  16. Kylash

Kylash Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

"
    • Exact mesh used in visor, replicated and positioned based from screen used artifact.
    "

Guessing thats missing from the proto then.

17. Scott D

Scott D Sr Member

They don't have the license and the overhead. I imagine Disney might be sending some C&D's out soon.

The prototype looks nice. Gonna stick with modifying my Rubies version for the time being. At least that's the plan.

18. teecrooz

teecrooz Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I will probably order one soon.

19. dms54nyc

dms54nyc Active Member

Looks great but the price ouch, wonder if they will put out a standard line

20. Blue Leader

Blue Leader Well-Known Member

It definitely looks nice. But almost $600 for a helmet? Eh... It's a hunk of plastic with some paint on it. No reproduction helmet is worth that much. >>

21. Mr Mold Maker

Mr Mold Maker Sr Member

General shape looks wrong. Missing scratches and dents in the faceplate and helmet. Terrible lack luster paint job on both the black and chrome... Meh. Ill be sticking with a modified Black Series for the time being. Anyone remotely competent can turn it from a "toy" into a solid prop replica, for a fraction of the price.

That's not to say I don't like it. If they offered a raw kit, I'd absolutely be down for one right now... As it stands though I'll likely get one second hand (somewhere around 2024 going by their current scheduling!) and give it a much needed repaint.

JJ Griffin likes this.
  22. robo3687

23. ehollywood

ehollywood New Member

24. dms54nyc

dms54nyc Active Member

*, hate cause we cant afford it. But that is SICK!

25. joshvanrad

joshvanrad Sr Member

That thing is as beautiful as it is out of my price range.

26. DAVIDYR1

DAVIDYR1 Official Licensee RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Gorgeous Helmet!!!
    I've always loved Vader, and Maul was sick....but way under used. Not to mention killed off way too soon. I know, blah blah blah....but if Vader and Maul had a kid of their own ;) yea it would be Kylo Ren. Great looking character and I love what Anovos has done. I absolutely would love to own one.
    As for the price....sure I could get helmet for less, but this is a real prop and by all accounts as real as what was worn on screen. As cool as the Target helmets are they're not quite this here, obviously two different means of construction and purpose. Not to mention end consumer. It's like comparing a VW Bug to a Corvette. Both are cars and both will get you from A - B ....but the Bug is not a Vette. Sorry, weird analogy but you get my drift. ;)
    Lovely work Anovos. Big thumbs up here.

David

Enderwigan and Kevin Gossett like this.
  27. Chicagovader

Chicagovader Sr Member

It's not a hunk of plastic either it's made from fiberglass and fully finished and ready to wear. I don't think the price is that bad for their premier line, and as said before they have over head that Hobby prop makers don't not to mention advertising and all the rest. Hell the fiberglass Don Post Vader helmet cost more didn't it? And that was almost 20 years ago!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    Getoninja likes this.
  28. Mr Mold Maker

Mr Mold Maker Sr Member

Updated pics look a lot better. The white background was very unflattering.

Still have a few issues with it, such as the paint job and pack of scratches and dents in certain areas.... I would really love a kit version however.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  29. Lactard

Lactard New Member

They blacked out the background and eliminated some of the point of view pictures from the gallery. Can't say the actual helmet is different from original pictures they posted. I still love the way it looks though. Not being good with making helmets or painting them, the cost of Anovos' Kylo would be in line with getting a fan made one and having it painted by someone else. You'll just get it a lot quicker than from Anovos. Here are some pictures from original posting

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446759689.382339.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446759700.652069.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446759711.173807.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446759725.530614.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30. Wolfsburg

Wolfsburg Sr Member

Well this one is tempting. If it weren't for wanting to wait to actually see the movie before I start buying TFA related items and the fact Anovos still hasn't actually put out any SW products (that I'm aware of) yet, I'd be more apt to jump on this. I've been waiting over a year for eFX's d@mn scout helmet and would rather not have my money floating out there indefinitely for yet another product.

31. Seth The Nerd

Seth The Nerd New Member

PicMonkey Collage.jpg
    Just a quick comparison with the Anovos and trailer shot at (almost) the same angle.

32. BOLISARIO

BOLISARIO Jr Member

I wish Anovos would extend the tier 1 pricing until the end of the year. I love the detail and battle damage.

33. PGHtoolman

PGHtoolman New Member

Looks great, the price needs some work. I'm all for someone making a profit but this is a little out of line.

JJ Griffin likes this.
  34. cayman shen

cayman shen Master Member

Gorgeous, but...I think I'd want to make sure the movie doesn't suck before dropping that kind of cash! If he gets bumped into a sarlaac pit or gets cut in half by the slowest jedi ever it's gonna be a downer :p

LTsmash1200 likes this.
  35. joshvanrad

joshvanrad Sr Member

C'mon, why do you have to dog on us Dented Helmet guys?

grenater and cayman shen like this.
  36. GeneralFROSTY

GeneralFROSTY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The Black Series lid and RPF kits are for collectors on a limited budget, both great options and I'm happy they are available.

That being said...
    Us prop collectors always want to see high-end, official replicas of our favorite props. That can't be done unless the license holders fork out a ridiculous sum of money for licensing costs in addition to footing the bill for all R&D plus manufacturing, packaging and shipping costs and marketing, warehouse storage....I'm sure the list goes on.
    Point is, companies like Anovos don't want to make Thier items hard to afford, it's simply a necessary "evil" in getting it made and released in the first place.
    These guys don't want to go under like so many license holders before them, so they have to turn a profit not just to stay in business, but to invest in future licenses.

I agree the price is steep. Considering the pedigree of the product and the quality record of the company, I have no doubt this will be a good seller for Thier high-end buyers.

For everyone else, I suspect a standard line WILL eventually be released and of course, the before mentioned Black Series lid is ripe for mods and possibly an RPF run of mod kits.

benhs1898 and Kevin Gossett like this.
  37. dms54nyc

dms54nyc Active Member

I finally got a response and there are no plans currently for a standard line. So it looks like this is it from anovos at least.

38. Vandark

Vandark Sr Member

do you think anovos is likely to do any black Friday deals on this?

39. Thain

Thain Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 12.22.06 AM.png

40. Vandark

Vandark Sr Member

Thain likes this.
  41. BOLISARIO

BOLISARIO Jr Member

Just bought the Kylo bucket with the coupon code I got for buying a keychain from Anovos, lol.

If anyone is interested, here's the code:
    [h=4]HLFX-UMQJ-CBHR[/h]
    It's good until December 13, but if you want Kylo at Tier 1 pricing then you have until tomorrow.

Make sure to pay it forward and post your 10% code so the next person can use it. Happy Holidays!

42. Jamestan

Jamestan Active Member

If I had the dough to grab one of these I would do it in a heartbeat, just so I can have the satisfaction of comparing it to my modded out black series helm, just to see how close I got. I do have to agree this is a high end replica and is not marketed for every day folk, I'm just happy to use the pics as reference material.

E60flip345 likes this.
  43. Vandark

Vandark Sr Member

I gave in and bought one... expensive, but what the hell, it's the new Vader!

still got the Black on order too.

Jamestan likes this.
  44. Jamestan

Jamestan Active Member

Hahaha I went the opposite (easier on the wallet) route, I got the black first, then I'll get the anovos later. (the lies I tell myself)

I gotta agree, kylo IS definitely the new Vader. Right from the first pics and the first trailer I just gravitated towards the character. They got the look of that helmet spot on. Imo

45. Vandark

Vandark Sr Member

I just couldn't pass up on the cheaper price and I guess I could always cancel it If I change my mind.

the Black series helmet is looking difficult to get hold of in the UK, with all the suppliers giving different and ever changing release dates.

46. Kroenen77

Kroenen77 Sr Member

But are the Anovos pieces really in the same quality like the old MR and EFX props?

47. Vandark

Vandark Sr Member

well, the last two things I bought from Master Replicas, the Rocketeer helmet and the ROTS Vader helmet were both recalled due to quality control problems, so I dont think Anovos have much to live up to!

48. Kroenen77

Kroenen77 Sr Member

I don´t think so.I have the MR ROTS Vader,the MR ROTS LE sword and I had a lot more in the past.All perfect made.But I´m not talking about defect products that you can send back to get a new one.I´m talking about the overall Quality...Anovos is a factory for costumes and not for High end Replicas with plaques and Displaycases like MR and EFX.I´m looking on their Vader...not really a sharp cast...not the originalshape under the dome(because better fitting as a costume)..wrong lenses.I would not say that you can set it in one row with the MR ROTS or the EFX ANH.Its a great costumepiece but not a accurate replica of the Originlhelmet.That was my question.Here in germany the Kylohelmet costs 900$...worth the price for only a costumepiece?:unsure

49. benhs1898

MR were never 100% either. They were idealized and often made from higher grade materials for the higher price-point.

50. robo3687

ordered mine today, I wanted to get in before the price jump. Looking forward to it.