Anovos Kylo Ren Helmet V1 VS V2

Vegam

Hello ,
I was wondering if anyone could help,
I’m trying to figure out what the difference is between the Anovos V1 Kylo helmet and the V2 ?
Or 1st batch and other ....they still say premium...
My best guess is the material ... I read some threads with mention of a plastic version ... but I wasn’t able to find more info ....

Any info would be great
Thanks

I think this is just another run of the same helmet. You can submit a request through the Customer Support section of their website and ask if there are any differences.

The V2 is slightly smaller and uses plastic detailing instead of rubber which was used on the V1. But the most telling and curious change is the addition of a weathering mark right across the front chrome, affectionately referred to as "the brow" mark. It literally looks like someone went across randomly with a Sharpie pen. Not pretty and most people generally prefer the V1.

ANOVOS-Kylo-Ren Premier-Line-Helmet-Star-Wars.jpg

Does V2 refer to the already produced runs after the first run? I remember seeing some comments about the "Sharpie" mark.

The V2 is slightly smaller and uses plastic detailing instead of rubber which was used on the V1. But the most telling and curious change is the addition of a weathering mark right across the front chrome, affectionately referred to as "the brow" mark. It literally looks like someone went across randomly with a Sharpie pen. Not pretty and most people generally prefer the V1.

View attachment 1360784
Thanks for the info , so does that mean the V2 are made of plastic or just some parts ?

I have recently been modifying my V2 helmet with more accurate fabric in the visor, I was also planning to replace the Side Greeblies but upon disassembly and a closer inspection I can confirm they actually are Rubber side greeblies on the V2, albeit a harder rubber than the V1 side greeblies but rubber nonetheless, I can bend them quite easily after removing them, so I will reinstall them now that I have confirmed they are in-fact rubber.
I own both versions I can confirm the V2 is definitely slightly smaller than the V1, but I don’t mind this one bit because I read Anovos had actually increased the scale of their initial production helmets from the 3D scan of the original prop by 2% to accommodate a wider range of sizes/wider customer base. So I’m quite happy having the slightly smaller version too, especially if it happens to be closer in size to the real thing!
I’m 6’-2” like Adam Driver and the V2 actually feels like a slightly better fit on me personally, more formed to my particular head. Where as the V1 fits a little looser on me. (I can’t use any of the included pads with either the V1, or V2).
It has also been discovered the infamous V2 Sharpie Unibrow can be safely removed with non-acetone based nail polish remover or even repeated cleanings with Goo Gone apparently.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back