Anovos Just announced Shadowtrooper pre-order

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by VinMan, Jul 9, 2015.

1. VinMan

VinMan Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Anovos just released images of the new Shadowtrooper for pre-order
    Prices start at $375 for kit form
    shadowstormtrooper.png

5xxicemanxx5 likes this.
  2. Starrfox1

Starrfox1 New Member

I wonder if that's a photo or an artist's depiction... either way, cool I guess. They must be absurdly busy over there.

3. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Sweet, but I'll stick with the standard trooper order. Any more word on them at the con?

4. coop0589

coop0589 New Member

Great introductory price for a Vader.

5. Blue Leader

Blue Leader Well-Known Member

Interesting. I wonder if they had to get an okay from Disney to make this armor? And if they did, is Disney confirming that shadow troopers are canon?

It also seems that Anovos will be selling RotJ Y-wing pilot helmets...

6. Starrfox1

Starrfox1 New Member

I was thinking the EXACT same thing.

Blue Leader likes this.
  7. Don93

Don93 Well-Known Member

The description says: ANOVOS is proud to present this first offering from the STAR WARS® Legends banner.

8. tubachris85x

tubachris85x Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Was about to come in and mention the Legends aspect

9. cayman shen

cayman shen Master Member

I guess anyone who missed the first kit could get this and spraypaint it white...

10. VinMan

Yes they are a licensed dealer. In order for them to produce anything Star Wars they have to have express permission from Disney to market their items. They are cranking out an amazing variety of Star Wars Props and costumes. Everything I have seen so far puts Rubies to shame in a manner that they deserve. For years Rubies has been producing total garbage, charging exorbitant prices and expecting us to swallow it.

Well folks there's a new Sheriff in town and the name is Anovos!

They also released pics for the new Boba Fett Helmet at Comic Con

11. VinMan

Here is a photo of the shadowtrooper from their booth at comic con.
    Looks very different from the promo pic.
    This one is very glossy not satin like the photo of the pre-order product

IMG_5215[1].JPG

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  12. Dao2

Dao2 Well-Known Member

tells me attachment invalid :(

13. jayjayn

jayjayn Well-Known Member

14. Getoninja

Getoninja Sr Member

I don't know much about the armor kits, or even costumes alone. Only item I own that's prop wise is Weta's Assault Rifle from District 9.

is $375.00 + shipping a deal for the dissembled shadowtrooper kit? I personally think is a awesome deal, but again I don't know much about this .

Add Tested was able to get a kit.
    a side note, wouldn't a white chalk stick or white marker/pen/paint work to mark the cut lines inside the armor pieces?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFbBs9M0cqw

15. jedijim3002

jedijim3002 New Member

Must...have...it...now!!!!!!!!

16. wuchi01

wuchi01 Well-Known Member

17. Yorkie Fett

Yorkie Fett Well-Known Member

I have to say, I don't really need one of these or actually want one.

For that price, however,it would be rude not to get one!!

Are we confident that the people putting these together will do a good job (speculation, I know)?

russellsch likes this.
  18. russellsch

russellsch Sr Member

I've told myself I can't order any more things from ANOVOS, until I get something I've already ordered from ANOVOS. But, who in the hell listens to me anyway? I know I don't. & as Yorkie Fett said, I don't want to be rude.
    I am glad that I have until the 17th, for first tier pricing, though. That way, at least, I can tell myself that I took a stand.
    Take that ANOVOS!.... now, here's some more of my money.

AJK001 likes this.
  19. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Dammit Man stop tempting me!!!!!

Really LOVE the Shadow Trooper

20. Crisisfilms

Crisisfilms New Member

Had to pass on the shadow armor but I will be getting a helmet kit to add to my list of projects.

21. Getoninja

Getoninja Sr Member

a year later, did Anovos ever ship these out or still on preorder?

Cause I was going to order the kit but I hate preorders and I think release date was early 2016, but honestly that was a year ago and I forgot, maybe Anovos had no release date.

22. Lukesfather

Lukesfather Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

as far as i know , no ...... nothing much but the OT TK kit and the FO helmet .................................................................................

23. bwattsup

bwattsup New Member

No, they haven't shipped yet...but they're getting really close.

24. ggriffaw

ggriffaw Well-Known Member

Anovos has an Updates page.on their website with info about what stage each product is at. It says the Shadowtrooper are getting close to shipping.

25. cyclocrosschris

cyclocrosschris Active Member

Been a year, buckshot reasoning about packaging approval, it's the same * kit as the white trooper, same molds, same boxes, too... and the kits are already pulled..... The REAL reason has to be timing of that massive shipment wave via FedEx...... like when all the trucks left Wonkas factory. :)

26. MontyBMan

MontyBMan New Member

I preordered this kit at the lowest price point and finally picked up my shipment from UPS today, a large 23 pound box that promised hours of trimming and assembly fun before finally being able to waltz around as an imperial Shadowtrooper. Lo and behold, they sent me a regular TK kit... no sleek black, just white plastic as far as the eye can see. I'm getting a return shipping label so they can get me the right kit, but customer service has been a drag. no real phone line (call and leave a message) and their customer chat isn't very responsive. I was going to maybe post some pics and an initial impression of the kit and helmet but I'm not even going to unpack the kit I was sent.

Oh well, here's to a little more waiting time.

27. cyclocrosschris

just had a pleasant experience with cust support chat in getting a RA label. sending incorrect white kit back, expecting a shadow. fingers crossed. its the only option.........sad it happened this way, as its an inconvenience and a huge box, its not like its a jacket of a lightsaber

28. MontyBMan

MontyBMan New Member

I'm sorry this affected you as well. I hope that there isn't widespread armor bleaching going on. I shipped out the box yesterday so I'm going to check and see if they cross ship or if I'm going to have to wait for them to get it back and inspect it before shipping out the proper armor.

29. Dewman

Dewman New Member

Its been a crap shoot recently but I think they are now shipping out once they see marked at shipped. I refused the package from UPS because luckily i could see before i signed for anything. I figured it would of made mine ship out the fastest. I was wrong.

30. cyclocrosschris

i accepted it so i had an actual physical pkg th return and get a tracking number for. once chating anovos that return tracking number. they released my black kit. i should have it friday sept 9. based on they seeing the pkg on its way back.... i did. not refuse it so i had something to return. a bird in hand is worth two in vaporware. SOMETHING IS FISHY. these boxes are a pain in the *. almost couldnt fit it in my full sized 4 dr volvo.

31. MontyBMan

MontyBMan New Member

Delivery states it will be here on the 12th. Anovos is getting their mistake back today. I'll post pics when I can.