Anovos.com / denuonovo.com discussion

PicasoX

Sr Member
Whats a bit confusing is they make it look like Rubies II is rebranding itself as the new company.

Did Anovos sell out to Rubies or something?

No matter what, if any of the old guys are involved I will never give them a red cent!

ABOUT US​

denuo (dē-nuō) -once more, a second time
novo (noh'-vō) -to make anew, revive, change, alter, invent.
Denuo Novo was founded in 2021 and awarded the STAR WARS™ high-end costume and high-end collectibles licenses. Our goal is to achieve the pinnacle of quality in manufacturing and distribution of screen-accurate and high-end merchandise offerings from movies, television, and contemporary media.

Denuo Novo is a subsidiary of National Entertainment Collectibles Association (NECA) and their universe of companies which include Rubies II, Kidrobot, Joseph Enterprises, WizKids and LootCrate.

With this synergy, you can trust that your merchandise will have the undisputed highest level of quality of any licensed product in the collectibles market. Manufactured under the supervision of a multi-generational team of experts and logistically supported by one of the largest shipping supply chains in the nation - Denuo Novo seeks to be your single stop for the highest quality prop and costume replicas and high-end collectibles for generations to come.

PRESS RELEASE AUGUST '21​

RUBIES II ANNOUNCES WHOLLY-OWNED SUBSIDIARY DENUO NOVO EXPANDING INTO HIGH-END COLLECTIBLES AND REPLICA COSTUME PRODUCTS WESTBURY, N.Y., [DATE] –

Rubies II LLC and National Entertainment Collectibles Association, Inc. (NECA), today announced that it has formed Denuo Novo LLC, a new wholly-owned subsidiary, that will specialize in the creation of high-end collectibles including replica costumes and props from various pop culture franchises.
Denuo Novo will combine the world-class innovation and creative capabilities of NECA with Rubies’ best-in-class supply chain and omni-channel retailing capabilities. The new product assortment will include replica helmets, high-end cosplay quality costumes perfect to wear at the next big comic convention, life-sized statues, and more.
Rubies has been making Halloween costumes for over 60 years while NECA has been a force in the licensed product and collectibles space for over 25 years. The creation of Denuo Novo allows the talented designers and product developers from both powerhouse companies to create a new destination for cosplay and replica costumes and high-end collectibles.
Looking ahead, the newly formed Denuo Novo seeks to be the single stop for premium quality costume replicas and high-end collectibles for generations to come. New products supporting Star Wars and other franchises are on the horizon. They also plan on fulfilling many of the existing orders of Star Wars replica and high-end collectible products originally produced by Anovos Productions.
"NECA has been a powerhouse in licensed collectibles for years and we’re incredibly excited to grow our presence in the high-end collectibles space with replica costumes and helmets,” said Joel Weinshanker, managing partner of Rubies, adding, "Furthermore, we are thrilled to offer the quality and attention to detail that these discerning customers have come to expect."
Visit www.denuonovo.com to see the assortment of products and learn more about the company. If you have a question you can reach out to customerservice@denuonovo.com. STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.

About Rubies​

Rubies II LLC is the newly-formed entity owned by strategic operator and managing partner Joel Weinshanker, founder of the National Entertainment Collectibles Association, Inc. (NECA), Funds Managed by Atalaya Capital Management LP, and members of the Beige family. Denuo Novo LLC is a new wholly owned subsidiary of Rubies II LLC. Under the newly-formed Rubies II LLC, Rubies Costume Company remains the market leader of both licensed and proprietary products and is the only truly full-service costume manufacturer and distributor in the world. In addition to holiday costumes, Rubies offers a wide variety of assortments to collectors, with a vast assortment of licenses sold by retail partners throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Europe, South America, Asia and Australia. Press Inquiries: press@denuonovo.com

Last edited:
I'll be following things as they unfold and reserve my judgment until I see if they are making good on their alleged commitment. There are alot of questions and even more speculation and suspicion surrounding this. Personally, I've been defrauded of a First Order Stormtrooper set. No armor, no refund. The last email I received was last year when I was told they were working on a backlog of refunds and that they were closing my case. I'll have to check my records with Partial-y payment plans but I'm sure I can get the records of my payments. It'd be nice to have that money back. I know alot of people were defrauded out of alot more money, so I'm not exactly holding my breath for some great Christmas miracle here but I suppose this news could possibly be a light at the end of the tunnel. Time will tell.

Whats a bit confusing is they make it look like Rubies II is rebranding itself as the new company.

Did Anovos sell out to Rubies or something?

I don't think your post is accurate.

What appears to have happened is that Joel Weinshanker, who founded NECA, and who was also put in charge of Rubies earlier this year, took over Anovos product line. It's not as simple as "Anovos changed their name".

We don't really know the state of Anovos' business, so it's hard to say if they were bought out, merged, or how the transition happened, but it at least appears like there's someone competent in charge now.

I don't think your post is accurate.

What appears to have happened is that Joel Weinshanker, who founded NECA, and who was also put in charge of Rubies earlier this year, took over Anovos product line. It's not as simple as "Anovos changed their name".

We don't really know the state of Anovos' business, so it's hard to say if they were bought out, merged, or how the transition happened, but it at least appears like there's someone competent in charge now.
Yes perhaps your right, I will edit the title so its more accurate

More than likely what is happening us that Anovos sold part of the line and the liabilities to Denuo Novo (Who knows, they could have paid DN), so that Anovos could focus on the current stuff they are selling. You can imagine that they want to stop the blood flowing from this long term wound and that this went for fire sale prices. Denuo Novo probably thinks that they, with more competent management, and relying on non-international factories, that they can somehow turn a profit from this, and hopefully in the future, be used as a permanent local manufacturer.

I've heard of this before a few years ago with another company. The trouble is, I think there is some sort of legal loophole which absolves Anovos from any further legal trouble, and that the old customers, don't have as much of a leg to stand on with the new company because they never entered to the agreement of the original contract. So you may get something similar to what you expected, or nothing at all, if the new company dissolves.

I guess the only thing is to hope you get something for your money.

TazMan2000

Last edited:
When was the last time Anovos actually sold something? All of the posts on the RPF indicate they just collect peoples cash. It is hard to see people who have come up through the RPF, people who we cheered on in these business ventures treat this community so poorly and to operate so inappropriately. I generally question if there is a market need for a high end licensed replicas because none of these businesses seem to be able to produce a product or a profit.

When was the last time Anovos actually sold something? All of the posts on the RPF indicate they just collect peoples cash. It is hard to see people who have come up through the RPF, people who we cheered on in these business ventures treat this community so poorly and to operate so inappropriately. I generally question if there is a market need for a high end licensed replicas because none of these businesses seem to be able to produce a product or a profit.
It was started by RPF members correct ? Didn’t they Have a class action lawsuit was it settled ?

They lost it long ago....
How did they keep taking money for preorder for years ?

Anovos is gone .
More than likely what is happening us that Anovos sold part of the line and the liabilities to Denuo Novo (Who knows, they could have paid DN), so that Anovos could focus on the current stuff they are selling. You can imagine that they want to stop the blood flowing from this long term wound and that this went for fire sale prices. Denuo Novo probably thinks that they, with more competent management, and relying on non-international factories, that they can somehow turn a profit from this, and hopefully in the future, be used as a permanent local manufacturer.

I've heard of this before a few years ago with another company. The trouble is, I think there is some sort of legal loophole which absolves Anovos from any further legal trouble, and that the old customers, don't have as much of a leg to stand on with the new company because they never entered to the agreement of the original contract. So you may get something similar to what you expected, or nothing at all, if the new company dissolves.

I guess the only thing is to hope you get something for your money.

TazMan2000
When you search the Anovos it goes right into this new very cheesy website . It looks like they took the cash and ran IMO. I got both my items from Ebay . Would never order direct even though they sent me dozens of emails trying to convince me other wise .

Anovos is gone .

When you search the Anovos it goes right into this new very cheesy website . It looks like they took the cash and ran IMO. I got both my items from Ebay . Would never order direct even though they sent me dozens of emails trying to convince me other wise .

Yeah, maybe. The name Anovos was so besmirched on the internet, they were probably feeling the effects on sales. Hopefully this "new" company will fulfill those long standing orders and bring some order to the galaxy.

TazMan2000

"They also plan on fulfilling many of the existing orders of Star Wars replica and high-end collectible products originally produced by Anovos Productions."

Many? That is rather vague.

TazMan2000

"They also plan on fulfilling many of the existing orders of Star Wars replica and high-end collectible products originally produced by Anovos Productions."

Many? That is rather vague.

TazMan2000
So they bought Anovso debt ? For what to sell what Five different items ? This could be like when MR went down and tried to come back how many times and got worse every time . This smells very bad .

So they bought Anovso debt ? For what to sell what Five different items ? This could be like when MR went down and tried to come back how many times and got worse every time . This smells very bad .

R.jpg

Always.jpg

Seems fitting at this time.

TazMan2000

I totally understand the reluctance to believe in this new company. I did receive an email from this new company just a few days ago, with my information, that was specific to my several thousand dollars of orders I never got. Kind of giving me a bit of hope.....

One thing is for sure regardless of what label you put on it. When I start hearing and seeing my friends get their orders from several years back then I will start believing there is a chance. However, until that time comes emails are emails. It becomes factual when you have a tracking number and packages shows up at your front door. Now it’s basically a waiting game yet again to see what happens next. Hope this new whatever it is makes it happen.

there was one class action case involving Richard Dalton that was settled, I’m involved in a different one that is still going on. The law firm set up a conference call next week about the new changes, which was what prompted me to go to the Anovos website yesterday.

I ended up buying another discovery phaser from a 3rd party on eBay for about $650 and the lawyer said they are liable to pay me back the difference over the original amount for that one as well.

I emailed them yesterday about the issue with my Star Trek Discovery Phaser and got a reply back within a matter of hours, this is what they said:
_———————————_——————————————-

Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, we only got the license to Star Wars, so at the moment we can only assist with those orders.

We would love to be able to add Star Trek, but there is no guarantee we will get that license. If we do, we will reach out to any customers with unfulfilled orders.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Denuo Novo Customer Service

Last edited:
I totally understand the reluctance to believe in this new company. I did receive an email from this new company just a few days ago, with my information, that was specific to my several thousand dollars of orders I never got. Kind of giving me a bit of hope.....
How long have you been waiting ?
there was one class action case involving Richard Dalton that was settled, I’m involved in a different one that is still going on. The law firm set up a conference call next week about the new changes, which was what prompted me to go to the Anovos website yesterday.

I ended up buying another discovery phaser from a 3rd party on eBay for about $650 and the lawyer said they are liable to pay me back the difference over the original amount for that one as well.

I emailed them yesterday about the issue with my Star Trek Discovery Phaser and got a reply back within a matter of hours, this is what they said:
_———————————_——————————————-

Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, we only got the license to Star Wars, so at the moment we can only assist with those orders.

We would love to be able to add Star Trek, but there is no guarantee we will get that license. If we do, we will reach out to any customers with unfulfilled orders.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Denuo Novo Customer Service
Wow so they are basically selling it all off and Running . I don't understand why everyone does not lawyer up and go after them . These guys came from the RPF? Everyone trusted them that really is the Grift of all Grifts .

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back