Anovos Class Action lawsuit

Sevan

How does the background of the heads of Anovos prove that Denuo Novo is a renamed Anovos?

Please don't post insults just because you have a different opinion. What did I say that is factually incorrect? A lawsuit needs proof, not just opinion.
I apologize, I don’t mean to insult. However, if you’re not involved with what we are doing, theorizing here is a waste. I can’t say anything else on this forum. Why would I show my hand at a poker table?

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Still going. If you're part of the group you would have seen updates recently.

Yes it's a fact.

I'm not saying he's not involved but the group that began this one did not include any Mr. Duck. I have not heard of him or from him. We have other people running the case.
That is ridiculous… alittle loop hole in the system.. shame on them

Inquisitor Peregrinus

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
As said over on the other Anovos thread... Anovos had their license for Star Wars merch ended by Disney/LFL. It is less clear which of those latter entities made the call, but the result is the same. Anovos was not offered the option to re-up after the end of 2020. They spent some time working to fill a few lingering orders, but weren't offering new product into the new year. Last summer, we learned that NECA -- a completely and utterly separate company with its own established record -- created a wholly-owned subsidiary called Rubies II (NECA had previously bought Rubies when that company declared bankruptcy) in Mcallen, Texas. This is where Anovos built their States-side facility after the painful lesson of dealing with Chinese factories. Rubies II, via NECA, got the Star Wars high-end costume license and created the company Denuo Novo specifically for the purpose of -- at least for now -- completing and fulfilling all of Anovos' outstanding Star Wars product. This dovetails with Rubies having the, ah... lower-end Star Wars costuming license.

Many of the artisans and employees Anovos hired for the Mcallen facility are likely working there still/again under new owners, as they know the materials and location. It's the best way to minimize production delays. Anovos is still in existence, out in California, and is still sorting out the other licenses. Whatever Dana and Joe are doing with it, they are not involved in Denuo Novo, do not run it, and are not profiting from it. All Denuo Novo is getting from Anovos is the info for the people with outstanding Star Wars orders and what resources exist to fulfill them. There is no revenue stream back to Anovos from Denuo Novo.

Saying Denuo Novo is a renamed Anovos is factually in error, by a lot. Whether through insufficient data or deliberate anger, it is misinformation. Be angry at Dana and Joe. Do not take it out on the few remaining schlubs at Anovos under them who are trying to keep things going, and definitely do not take it out on Denuo Novo, none of the people running which had or have any stake in Anovos, who took on the horrible prospect of cleaning up Anovos' Star Wars mess, and who are so far off to a very good start doing just that. Absolutely Anovos needs to be held to account, but driving them out of business won't make anyone whole, and riling a mob against the uninvolved people who are trying to make things right is disturbing and counterproductive.

Stormshadow

I was shocked a few months back. I received a package from anovos. it was my long time ago ordered battlestar galactica jacket.. it is nice too…. But I too have a bunch of items (paid for), but never received.. might all be star wars items, so sounds like they won’t be fulfilled.

masterX244

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was shocked a few months back. I received a package from anovos. it was my long time ago ordered battlestar galactica jacket.. it is nice too…. But I too have a bunch of items (paid for), but never received.. might all be star wars items, so sounds like they won’t be fulfilled.
Contact Denuo Novo with the order numbers from the starwars item orders. They are handling that part of the messup (probably as part of their license deal)

startrekkin58

I just stumbled onto this thread. Just to reiterate, the class action lawsuit is ongoing but not accepting any new clients? And it seems to be for Star Wars items only, or am I wrong? My order is from 2018 and is for a Kirk bomber jacket. I’d love to get involved in any way possible.

KryssPteska

Also stumbled on this thread after setting up my Vader premium on a mannequin (christmas gift) and realizing they are STILL outstanding with the prem cod piece and inner tunic thing... I suppose that's a lost cause and it is too late to get any resolve?

Spack

Since it is highly unlikely I will receive my trek order or my money back at this point, I believe this Anovos owner guy needs to outed and publically shamed should he venture to any genre related events in the future. My order of preference would be 1) receive my order. Or 2) my money refunded. Or 3) make sure this guy's life becomes a living hell each time he shows his face when goes to buy a loaf of bread.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.