Another unfinished pred....gets remade!!!!!!!

chose:

• the old design, sculpt quality

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • or the remade design, sculpt quality

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

CreatureCreator

Sr Member
hi,

Well its been a while ago when i was sculpting this, it was my altered design from the berserker. It was finished with one side, and design wise but then....the sculpt breaks apart because of the weight of the back of the head:( So another pred-project that failed, here are the pics:

2wpp9uv.jpg

kdlmw7.jpg

17a8ed.jpg

2zz6joz.jpg

let me know what you think of it, but remember i cant change it anymore

a few days later...

well guys here is the sculpt I am working on since 5 days, here are some pics that show where I am going to here let me knnow what you think of it and wich one you like better the old or the new---->if possible let me know why.
2mfxg8h.jpg

2mpld0l.jpg

2m6ljch.jpg

s405r4.jpg

wceftl.jpg

JB

honestly, i really like it. can't describe why, but it' definitely an awesome variation and actually an improvement in a few ways. not sure exactly what happened to it, but definitely worth saving, FINISH IT!!

Like what you had going here. To bad you didn't finish it. Would loved to have one for the collection. Looked very female-ish....

Bummer to read, brother. That was a pretty sweet concept. I have to agree with hellonearth with it being a bit of an improvement. Alas, I say start again...

What a damn shame man....that sculpt was fukin MINT!!
No doubt in my mind that you need to fix it and finish it....the changes you've made to the design really add to the character...and lets face it...thats what it NEEDED.
Love all the texturing you had going on, kinda like a bit of wolf scar texture to it.
the eyes look great too, got a real non human appearance about it if you know what I mean, with some heads you can still see the shape of the human face underneath it because of the size and distance of the eyes.
Inspirational stuff.....I look forward to the updates

wow, thanks for the kind words you guys, really makes me consider of restarting it......

and for the ones ho want me to go on, the sculpt just break in half because of the weight of the back. This sulpt is completly broken down so i cant go tru with it.
and here are all the changes i made in the design: raised the crown a bit, made the mandibles like the classic, gave it a reptile skin, made the holes in his head look like rotting wounds.

again thanks for the words, going to buy a support today for sculpting headds so who knows...... ;)

JB

Awesome, more clay slinging is always great to see, get that puppy finished and moulded up, it will look wicked when painted

well i made a dissision, i am remaking it again. The kind reactions of you all made me want to finish this thing, so there will be some progress pics these days!

JB

Sorry to hear it didn't work out. The concept and detail work are incredible. I personally find it far superior to the Berserker design in the movie. I hope you have another go at something similar. It is/would have been a really beautiful piece.

well i made a dissision, i am remaking it again. The kind reactions of you all made me want to finish this thing, so there will be some progress pics these days!

Awesome response! Can't wait to see the second coming. I really like how you flipped the mandibles to P1 and your take on the skin. Just make a better armiture this time, LOL...

glad you like the response, the armature i have now is much better and holds it very well, the basic from is already fully finished. I am making this oe a bit differnt, i wont make the holes in his head, i am making it a cross between the classic or elder and the super predator. I maybe am giving him the same scar as the tracker has on his mask, so maybe when i finish it i can give it the same color sheme. So maybe this will become a tracker pred...unmasked!

will post pics as soon as i got a good camera

JB

;) , explain the only thing that is the same with the wolf are the lower mandibles, and scar.....i dont see the look-alike there, it has a different form and different texture. More like the berserker pred.

ps: the sculpt of the new head is almost finished, it looks very different from this one in my opinion, still the same idea but then more natural in texture and design, will post the pics tuesday.

JB

Ignore Wolfpredator3X... he is... special. :D

Sorry to hear about the sculpt, but it sure looked wicked and would look great if finished. But good to hear you are on this again and making a new one! ;) Gonna watch out for a topic tuesday, then?

haha,i understand it.... ;) , and i am actually happy that the sculpt is broken, i now have a new sculpt that looks far more better than this one!

but i wont say this anymore because else the expectations will be to high to for fill.....really didnt wanted to make this one again but i got so many positive feedback when i posted this that it made me wanna redo it again so thanks everyone!!!

JB

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back