Another Star Wars Book to spend your money on

<div class='quotetop'>(Boba Frett @ May 18 2006, 04:19 AM) [snapback]1246079[/snapback]</div>
Why do the Star Wars books have to have crazy prices?

Still I will probably break down and get it :unsure
[/b]

That's why.

<div class='quotetop'>(lonepigeon @ May 18 2006, 03:47 AM) [snapback]1246066[/snapback]</div>
The DVD in the costume book was just web docs we've seen contained on the extras DVD's that came with the movies.
[/b]

Chris, not entirely.

THe webdocs must have been a bit shorter. I know b/c I saw details of some of the Naboo costumes that I hadn´t seen anywhere else before. I haven´t compared the total running time between the webdocs and the DaG dvd, though.

Michael

<div class='quotetop'>(Jedi-72 @ May 18 2006, 12:35 AM) [snapback]1246086[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Boba Frett @ May 18 2006, 04:19 AM) [snapback]1246079[/snapback]
Why do the Star Wars books have to have crazy prices?

Still I will probably break down and get it :unsure
[/b]

That's why.
[/b][/quote]

:lol

I'm in the same boat.

Only difference between the two are the extras with the special one. I'm looking forward to see the pics of the extras once they're released

This is what you get with the expensive one:
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Limited Edition features: deluxe clamshell box contains models & sculptures from all six films, “make your own” Millennium Falcon model kit, DVD of model shop documentaries, certificate of authenticity, additional material for the book includes paper model “pop-ups” and laser die-cut plans of the kits. [/b]

Now unless the Falcon model is the Fine Molds model, that's too expensive.

Doesn't look quite as good as Dressing a Galaxy. Pop-ups are the added feature of the $200 version? I gotta see this because it doesn't sound too impressive in print.

If it's even half as good as Dressing a Galaxy for reference photos, I'll be going for the regular version. Sounds like a sweet idea to me, 'specially if they've re-photographed stuff from the archives.

I gotta see one in person to make the final choice to buy it.

GREAT idea though. Im sure it is a true asset to the skilled scratch builder or model builder. I wish I could buy one for my firned slave1pilot. he is a model MASTER.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back