another Spinner . 6th scale. printed

thankyou everyone for your interest. Yes, it did make me feel bad, so in a way of a teeze 95% of the molding has been done. now its down to the wheel mechanisum before gluing it together. thanks to teslabe's help I will be doing graphics on the small screen but I think the larger screen will need to be a translight. For me having the wheels operate is more important and I need the space. there's still a lot to do.
View attachment 1477797
Thank you flimzy for the kind words and for your support of my Moebius B-9 build....:) I would still like to see if an active image (Video) could be done in the confines of the "dashboard pod" and still have room for an articulate front wheel mechanism. If you have "stl" files for the dash pod and the back cover of the "navagation screen" I could make sure the electronics for it and the dash pod will fit. send me a email or PM and we can talk. Everything so far looks fantastic, but then I would expect that from you......(y)(y)(y) P.S. A big thank you to my friend rworne for his very clever coding for the post thingy next to the nav. screen, nice job my friend.....(y)

started glueing bits together this weekend. So many things I would have done differently if I'd have started this project now but it is satisfying having it not just be a pile of bits in a box anymore.
IMG_9592.JPG
IMG_9593.JPG
IMG_9595.JPG
IMG_9596.JPG
IMG_9597.JPG

I'm sorry, I am losing track of who is making what. Can I ask, is this gonna be a kit offered or a one of a kind?

Amazing by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Filmzy,
A wonderful, stunning project and what a showcase of incredible skill. Am in awe.
And don’t tell us what is wrong. Us mere mortals will only regard those as beloved unique features on this brilliant build.

wow !

the bit we all love and the bit mechanics hat 'paint' "well it worked before I painted it!".. I'm going to paint the main body the make sure the doors and moving part have a good clearance-clarance. before painting them. I'm always. I remembered to put the LED in the front before I couldn't get to it anymore just in time.
IMG_9615.JPG
more interested in the next bit to do rather than the bit I'm doing.
IMG_9614.JPG

Being a little absent-minded this morning, I was looking back through the thread and saw the vacuum chamber for the silicone pour. But did you pressure cast the resin parts?. Some of the mold boxes looked big and I was wondering if they would have fitted into a standard pressure pot. The results look pretty flawless.

Being a little absent-minded this morning, I was looking back through the thread and saw the vacuum chamber for the silicone pour. But did you pressure cast the resin parts?. Some of the mold boxes looked big and I was wondering if they would have fitted into a standard pressure pot. The results look pretty flawless.
I have a large pressure pot. I had lots of problems with humidity and smooth-on resins. I ended up buying the biggest pot they had in the shop which has its downsides too. it's massive and it's a good job I had a large compressor. I made my own degasser so it a bit bigger than a hobby one but smaller than our workshop ones.

This is a project done by a pro and every aspect shows as much, what beautiful work.....(y)(y)(y) I LOVE WIP treads, we get to watch
a genius "thinks out loud" and commits to resin, keep the photos coming, but only if you have the time, I hope you keep this a project you love doing and not one you feel obligated in doing.....;)

Last edited:
I have a large pressure pot. I had lots of problems with humidity and smooth-on resins. I ended up buying the biggest pot they had in the shop which has its downsides too. it's massive and it's a good job I had a large compressor. I made my own degasser so it a bit bigger than a hobby one but smaller than our workshop ones.
Flimsy,
Thank you for the response. I trying to gather as much information as I can on casting to avoid problems. Much appreciated.
This is a project done by a pro and every aspect shows as much, what beautiful work.....(y)(y)(y) I LOVE WIP treads, we get to watch
a genius "thinks out loud" and commits to resin, keep the photos coming, but only if you have the time, I hope you keep this a project you love doing and not one you feel obligated in doing.....;)
Very well said teslabe.

I am also working on a Spinner model, just the 3D files at the moment, but for the canopy I am athinking about vaccuforming inside a negative, so the inside would be smoother and the outside can be sanded and polished more easy.
what are your plans ?

I am also working on a Spinner model, just the 3D files at the moment, but for the canopy I am athinking about vaccuforming inside a negative, so the inside would be smoother and the outside can be sanded and polished more easy.
what are your plans ?
I'm too vac-forming my canopy. bu over a buck. there are tricks to making it smooth without having to sand it back. On a larger job I'd pull over a velvet buck but as this is a small buck I'm doing 2 pulls. first, off polish the buck so it's as good as it can be then pull a 0.25 over that which smooth out anything you have missed. the go for your hero pull on top of that. But I should state your not wrong in your approach it will work.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back