another Spinner . 6th scale. printed

They both work great, as for resolution l don't think it will matter being that they are so small in the cockpit. The projector hasn't got a great deal of space to play with but making a special lens to reduce the distance needed will help. Being rear projection is good because it will also light the pilot

This is a short video of the last sample piece sent by flimzy from her 1/6 scale Spinner from Blade Runner. I'm not sure what it's called but it's the "post" to the right of the altitude screen. I used NeoPixels for the effect and it's just the first attempt at the effect in the movie, with addressable LEDs you're only limited by your imagination....

as I'm making mold casings and waiting for print I knocked this out for fun

Very nice work flimzy, it looks far larger then it is. It's not till your hand came into the shot that we see how small it is, excellent job my friend.....(y)
If I may ask, are you using EL wire for the effect?

Very nice work flimzy, it looks far larger then it is. It's not till your hand came into the shot that we see how small it is, excellent job my friend.....(y)
If I may ask, are you using EL wire for the effect?
Oh yes, it so useful but to get the scale right I had to strip the out plastic off. Which is ok because EL wire is blue so for the eye and the flames I had to tint the wire with glas paint to get the colours ( doesn't show up on the video)

Oh yes, it so useful but to get the scale right I had to strip the out plastic off. Which is ok because EL wire is blue so for the eye and the flames I had to tint the wire with glas paint to get the colours ( doesn't show up on the video)

flimsy, if you haven't done so yet, it would not be hard at all to have a DF Mini Player reproduce the arcing sound and let it trigger the inverter for the tongue, like it does in the film, just saying.....:unsure:

flimsy, if you haven't done so yet, it would not be hard at all to have a DF Mini Player reproduce the arcing sound and let it trigger the inverter for the tongue, like it does in the film, just saying.....:unsure:
not done it yet I've also got the street light stop sign drawn up so after I've got everything built I could link everything on Arduino

well Like everyone I have more spare time. down to the part I hate the most, making molds
IMG_7090.JPG
IMG_7092.JPG
IMG_7093.JPG

I 3D printed the jackets as a way to save on silicone and it turned out pretty well apart from the time it takes to print them. I did make a rookie mistake with one of the 2 part molds. Yes you know what I'm going to say, I run out of mold release so gave it a quick squirt of mac wax only not enough nearly ended up with one large lump of silicone
IMG_7099.JPG

Flimzy, Still super impressed with your Spinner. Is that flipped image the British steering version? Anyway very inspiring for my build. Crazy, I think we were probably both working at Pinewood at the same time with Spinners on the back bench! Small weird universe...
Pinewood Atlanta?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back