Another question about strengthening pepakura helmets.

Cerbenix

Hey. I want to make a cyborg ninja helmet from msg to use as a display model. I have finished gluing the pep and was wondering how to strengthen it. As I have read most people strengthen the inside of the helmet with resin and fiberglass but I already have some generic auto body filler which has glass fibers in it on hand and was wondering if i can cover the inside of the model with that and use regular auto body filler on the outside to smooth it out and shape it further. Would this work? I really don't want to mess with resin. Also any ideas on how to make red dome for the "nose" part?

You have to use resin which soaks into the paper to harden the initial material. you can use the filler you have with the fiberglass embedded but one of the problems is that it's a little bit harder to clean it up and smooth it out you don't want all that scratching on the inside.

The first step is usually to use just resin which helps to harden the paper by itself. The next step is to use the fiberglass cloth set in place with resin which gives you a nice smooth interior without a lot of stray fibers, and also helps to reinforce.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back