Another pair of ESB Pods

tk1608

Sr Member
Hey Guys

I decided after seeing all the fantastic pod builds on here, and seeing Lee's pods in the flesh, that I had to have some too, so...

It seems quicker than it is because I've had the hull for this built up for a while..
IMG_5198.jpg

IMG_5197.jpg

Nothing new here, You've seen it all before..not sure if the engine nozzle is 100% right, but I think it's close enough..
I made this front bit so I can take it in and out. I'm gonna put a blue LED inside for the engine, and this removable front part will allow me to switch it on and give access to the battery..
podfrontcrop.jpg

I wanted it self contained so I can fly it round the room...:behave
It just pushes in like this..
IMG_5196.jpg

And the smaller one...
IMG_5202.jpg

There you go..

Cheers

Phil

Last edited:
Yeah these are great.
Nice work.
Did you sand the hull edges to glue them or just stick them straight to each other.
Its a fine line for assembley along the hull rims & just though everyone may have flatened the rim a little?

Thanks guys,

I didn't flatten the hulls, but I added some styrene rod on the insides to give me more to glue to.
I'll take a pic of the smaller pod to show what I've done...

Cheers

Phil

Primer time..
IMG_5205.jpg

Just to show how I joined the hulls of the smaller pod..I tacked the hulls in place lightly with some cyano, and then stuck some rod in there with liquid cement to beef up the joint..
IMG_5211.jpg

I did this to find the center..
IMG_5204.jpg

Engine end..it's a bit of a mish mash of stuff I've seen done on the other builds on here, with a bit of matilda tank thrown in..
IMG_5209.jpg

IMG_5215.jpg

Almost done, just the tank track links to add on the panel behind the plastruct lamps..
IMG_5214-1.jpg

I didn't have enough 8 rad drive shafts to add the detail between the hulls...I think I used a couple on the falcon..never mind. Plastruct rod went there instead. I scratched the F1 car intake things by matching a part donated by Lee, Thanks Lee,:) I couldn't work out how to cast it being an odd shape. I think I need a two part mould to do it successfully, but that's beyond my basic casting skills. Anyhoo, I think it looks not too bad, and under paint it'll be good enough..

Cheers guys

Phil

Phil they both look great. Really glad you did them, we'll maybe have to get four on display at the next meet, now all were missing is a Star Destroyer lol.

lee

More piccys..almost done..

IMG_5397.jpg

Done..

IMG_5398.jpg

IMG_5400.jpg

IMG_5404.jpg

IMG_5405.jpg

So that's it...
The markings were done on the bigger pod just with tamiya tape over the base colour and dark grey over that, remove tape and hey presto !
The smaller one was a bit of a faff, airbrushed black through masks, then a sharpie for the thin lines...thanks to Lee for that idea...then just a misting of the base colour over all to tone it down and get rid of the sheen of the sharpie marker..

Cheers

Phil

Looks awesome, mate .. I like the preshading .. and I really like how everyone of us has made our own personal interpretations of some of the details ... really makes them personal ...

Great project!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back