Another option for armour

shockwave1

I've been trying to come to a good compromise between cost and look as far as armour is concerned. Knowing how damn picky I am, I know I would struggle to get the organic forms of a P1 armour to my liking or even an adaptation of it. And for a few months I've been contemplating another theme altogether.

After looking around online, I came across these on evilbay:
12.JPG

13.JPG

012.JPG

84aa_1.JPG

7e_1.JPG

03.JPG

I was thinking I could make something based on them, it still has a bit of a predator feel to it I think. And then I'd just have to decide if I used real leather or go with foamies... :D

This would mean I'd probably use a very basic blade setup and no cannon/backpack/computer gauntlet. It would be a bit of a look into a possible, and maybe distant Predator past.

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
like it. i plan to go with a less techy version as well. no plasma caster etc. i like the idea of a brawler so yeah i say go for it.

Ya why not. I'm sure in the Yautja world there are many variations on armour, especially different time periods for their world. Throw some primer on some of those and give it a burnished look would be cool. I was toying around with the idea of doing a steampunk style Pred. We saw in P2 and AVP that they've been to earth many times. Would be cool to see Predator armor influenced by the Roman era, medieval, or steampunk.

The armor in the first picture I was planing on getting some thing simular but then really weathering it and use it for a pred bust display. I say try it out but weather it so it can look battle and aged used.

Thanks for the responses everyone. :) I might even do some of the detail look like metal, and engraved - instead of all leather. Like I mentioned in my build thread, there's just way too much going on right now. But hopefully when I do start, I'll have the whole thing pretty much planned.

dude i say run with it.. has great potential and use the leather.. it works welll.

Yeah, I was thinking of your suit Tuath, as well as a gladiator suit I've seen around that looks really nice.

Thanks again guys. :D

Seconding what everybody has said,

Yes, go for it!

I like the medieval/roman style :D

Leather is nice, it can be wet and shaped, dyed and rivetted, plus it can be worn a lot before touchup/maintenance.
If it does get dinged it will still be OK -battle scars :) -

Example, this was worn 6 or 7 times and just needed to fix a small spot where something rubbed onto it; some elbow grease and touchup did the trick:

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd253/y...dy/IMG_0669.jpg

---
Ei'luj

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back