Another Obscure Cantina Alien! Terminal Man

TomSpinaDesigns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just realized I never got around to posting this one...

Probably the most obscure mask I've done, but a really fun one for me. The original was an early Rick Baker design that was thrown in the background of the cantina scene. I've been told it was an interpretation of Frankenstein (which would explain the metal bits on his head). Not sure why, but I always dug this guy. :D

I've listed one in the JY and will likely not do many more. PM if interested.

Tom

TerminalMan1.JPG

TerminalMan4.JPG

TerminalManHood1.JPG

Some shots of the original in context...
Terminal%20man%20trinto_bg.jpg

Cool pic of the mask being used as a Frankenstein...
Baker.jpg

Tom, that is sweet. I can't say I remember the guy, but what a cool face he has.

You did an amazing job, as usual. :thumbsup Love the veins...they look so frakkin' real, I don't know how you do it.

Grant

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(James Kenobi 1138 @ Apr 24 2006, 11:32 PM) [snapback]1232591[/snapback]</div>
I always thought in the movie that was Death himself....... I'll never see that scene the same way again.
[/b]

Same here. :lol Fantastic work as always Tom.

Yeah man. I partied with that dude...

No seriously though. :) I do rememebr him in :thumbsup the movie, and thats a really cool mask. He just sits there, and I think he looks around for a moment. Creepy...

Hey Tom....

You are a SICK GENIUS my friend.....
How long until you have the cantina gang complete, he? ;)

AWESOME :)

Markus

Awesome.. I can't get enough of your Cantina sculpts...I especially love the rarer characters who I never thought would be recreated. Dunno how you get hold of some of the reference pics.

At the Star Wars, Star Wars Cantina The weirdest creatures you've ever seena.

He looks great. Keep up the good work and thanks for showing.

Amazing. How do you do them so fast???

I always thought this guy just had a skull face... learn something new everyday.

I'd love to see (forget his name) the dude who was just a hand puppet...

Dice Ibegon was the "name" eventually given to the handpuppet. Though during filming it probably was referred to by a far more practical name like hand-puppet alien.

Great, great work.

When I saw this character for the first time in 1977, I thought it was a skeleton....it must have been all the shadows. :p

Very cool mask--looks real.

I think it was a Frankenstein mask to begin with. Dick Smith's "DIY Monster Make-up Handbook" has an advanced make-up for Franky (using gelatin) that's a dead ringer for that--not surprising since Rick Baker did them and is a friend of Smith.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wampa @ Apr 24 2006, 10:18 PM) [snapback]1232584[/snapback]</div>
I've been told it was an interpretation of Frankenstein (which would explain the metal bits on his head). Cool pic of the mask being used as a Frankenstein...
Baker.jpg

[/b]

Great Work Tom - :) - It is so cool to see somebody tackle all
those creatures and Characters nobody else does - I love it ... :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back