Another Obi ANH AFB? Sort of.

That is one of the most awesome things I have seen yet. I cannot wait to see some high res pics of this. You should be very, very proud..

That is astonishinglt beautiful - If lucas had ever shown the insides of a saber they coldn't have topped yours. Great work.

Just want to echo all the other compliments and expressions of awe - that really is a masterpiece Howard.

How will you display it?

AWESOME . :) :thumbsup
Congratulations for your work .
This is just one of the best lightsaber I've seen .
I really like all the details, impressive .

Brilliant.
That really is a wonderful piece of art...I'm sure it really works too..it looks like it.
You really got the emitter cone right too...what did you use for that? I'd like to add that into my own :)

As others have said...that is the coolest. I love all the real details there, not just a bunch of 'things' but realistic looking and as I said, it looks like it could work...

wow, props for your props. That is amazing and I too am in awe.....

slap it on Ebay and you'll see what I mean....Jk DO NOT SELL IT. :)

Wow Howard. Just incredible. I always liked the Luke cutaway some other Board member made a while back, but this one takes the cake. I just can't put into words how much I love what you have done. You should be very proud.

you truly are now the master.....totally awesome...amazing.....I cannot say anything that expresses how cool that is......

Very nice. :thumbsup

I will definitely be making guts for a "functional" strippable Obi-Wan saber, if ever my Parks USK would arrive... *sigh* :unsure
I had a few ideas already, but this one has given me loads of inspiration. Thanks.

Yeah well it's "okay" I guess...

Just kidding it's awesome. :D

Really intricate and "plausible" internals. Superb. :thumbsup

- k

Howard,

Praise from another direction - a fine arts friend of mine shakes his head at us replicating movie props. From his point of view, even a perfect replica is just a copy of someone else's original work. I've tried to argue the "sincerest form of flattery" case, or just that if there's only one of a thing and many people wish to have it, most all of them will have to be satisfied with a replica. Or, the fact that we LIKE building things and props are things that we like.

But, in your case, especially, first the ray guns and now this ORIGINAL interpretation of what is likely the most original movie prop, I think he would have to conclude that this is not copying, but creating.

tip of the hat, nod of the head....

Thanks for sharing your creations with us. (Don't run out of clock works ;) )

David

Tell your "fine art" friend that the soul of art is copying.

What is it Picasso said, "good artists copy, great artists steal". :lol

And speaking as an artist myself, I can assure you we all go thru a phase of copying.

A copy with a fresh perspective is itself, art.

lichtenstein3.jpg

But I can agree that Howard's cutaway saber is by anyone's definition, "art." :D

- Karl

:eek I've never seen ANYTHING done with such precision on a prop before...it's like you built a fine watch...SICK...

You really have knocked the cutaway out of the ballpark...

I can't even imagine what a peice like this would fetch on ebay

Steve

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back