Another NECA repaint.

bizenboat

I know you're probably all bored of them but here it is, another NECA Falconer repaint.
This is my first action figure I've ever painted, my only painting background is school projects
and I used to paint Warhammer 40k mini's for cash when i was in school. Also my DROID didn't take the
best pictures so..bare with me these pics don't really do it justice..anyhow..any comments are welcome.
And I love this site i'm on it multiple times daily lurking around checking out huntorials and whatnot I love it.

IMG_20100825_164832.jpg

IMG_20100825_164949.jpg

IMG_20100825_165012.jpg

IMG_20100825_165534.jpg

IMG_20100825_165805.jpg

Started classic pred cause my berserker's leg is stuck and I'm only doin one of each body but gonna paint each head. So i can wait till I get open mouth mr black to do him.
Anyways started classic pred a couple days ago started on his body but then I realized I'm not sure i'm skilled enough for the head so I popped over to that and started up
ol'pussy face and gave him a make over. Hope you all approve.

IMG_20100901_181211.jpg

IMG_20100901_184725.jpg

IMG_20100901_184741.jpg

IMG_20100901_184749.jpg

looks ok nice and bright. but in my oppinion, i dont think the neca falconer needs a repaint...hes pretty screen accurate. its berserker that needs toutching up

looks ok nice and bright. but in my oppinion, i dont think the neca falconer needs a repaint...hes pretty screen accurate. its berserker that needs toutching up

Yeah that's next I did Falconer first cause it looked easier and I hadn't painted anything in a few years eheh.

Lovin' those vibrant colors! Like WOLF_PREDATOR said, Falconer doesn't really need a repaint, but you took it in a new direction. Keep 'em coming!

I like what you did with Falconers helmet. Also the paint up is better than NECAs. Good custom work. The dreds looks a more rich chocolate brown too! Like Godiva!

What paints did you use? the finish you got on the helmet is pretty impressive for small-scale like that... Was it the Games Workshop metallics, or something else?

What paints did you use? the finish you got on the helmet is pretty impressive for small-scale like that... Was it the Games Workshop metallics, or something else?

I used all game workshop paints for this guy. stripped him, primed him then went to work with a paint brush. For the helmet I put a coat of 'chaos black' then dry brushed some 'dwarf bronze' on it then made a mixture of a gray and chainmail color and dry brushed that on there it was more dull then really lightly did some straight up chainmail dry brushing on the bio.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys I really appreciate it, gonna start working on the next one today/tomorrow!

Bizenboat

I used all game workshop paints for this guy. stripped him, primed him then went to work with a paint brush. For the helmet I put a coat of 'chaos black' then dry brushed some 'dwarf bronze' on it then made a mixture of a gray and chainmail color and dry brushed that on there it was more dull then really lightly did some straight up chainmail dry brushing on the bio.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys I really appreciate it, gonna start working on the next one today/tomorrow!

Bizenboat
How, and what did you use to strip him? :lol:

How, and what did you use to strip him? :lol:

Guess i owe a shout out to the Encline design guy I used the non-acetone nail polish remover like he suggested it worked pretty well for getting the paint off.
It didn't work 100% for me though there was still some color on him when i primed it some spots were just really hard to get, but at the time I really wanted
to get started and figured oh well its a $15 action fig eheh.

Castrol Super Clean works wonders for stripping paint. I wouldn't leave it in any longer than a few hours, though. I've read that people leave pieces in for months and it doesn't hurt it, but I left in a piece for a day or so and there was al lkinds of weird reactions going on, the resin was cracking and there were strange discolorations on it. Just what happened in my experience. You can research it online, I'm sure! Just something else you may want to try next time around!

By the way, a little off topic, but I've got to ask: bizenboat, did you get your username from FFT?

Awesome repaint, I was wondering if you had used the games workshop paints! I love seeing the paint jobs the guys at the shops have on display. This is a lot better than the original paint up. Very detailed. I wish I could paint my Tyraninds as detailed as this...

Castrol Super Clean works wonders for stripping paint. I wouldn't leave it in any longer than a few hours, though. I've read that people leave pieces in for months and it doesn't hurt it, but I left in a piece for a day or so and there was al lkinds of weird reactions going on, the resin was cracking and there were strange discolorations on it. Just what happened in my experience. You can research it online, I'm sure! Just something else you may want to try next time around!

By the way, a little off topic, but I've got to ask: bizenboat, did you get your username from FFT?

thanks again everyone for all the great comments it really keeps me motivated, and I'll have to look into that super clean. and yeah I totally got it from FFT, i use this username for like..everything cause its never taken and I don't have to put numbers next too it eheh. In the probably 5+ years using this username on sites/games ect you're probably the second person to regocnize it :lol:

One of the most incredible games ever! Absolutely addicting! I just played it for the first time a few months ago. Such a masterpiece.

But, anyways, you did a nice job on the repaint. It's so motivating to see work by guys like Joe, because it always pushes us to do the very best we can to try and match it.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back