Another M134 MiniGun..."Ole Painless" Scratch Build

VinMan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey there,

After seeing Marshon's "Ole Painless" build I was inspired to do one as well. I hope there is room for both of us here ;)
Mine will not be motorized just a static build but I hope to make it as close to accurate as possible.

I'll post progress shots from time to time.
Most of this will be constructed from PVC plumbers pipe, Sintra sign plastic and odds and ends where ever i can find them

Let me know what you think.

Here is the completed thread

http://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/26779-ole-painless-mini-gun-finally-completed/

Hopefully, this will be the end result, or pretty close anyway.
cdd5d277.jpg

As with all prop projects, first stop...Home Depot.
eff43754.jpg

Sandwiched two pieces of Sintra sign plastic together for the barrel plates and bored holes into them. three plates total
7e661919.jpg

After a few Hours. Main body assembled, Barrels attached. Plates loosely positioned.
7c976d43.jpg

After a few more hours
d299bcd9.jpg

365565b2.jpg

It's looking good. I like seeing plumbing being used for non-plumbing purposes.

You might want to prime the surfaces for painting before you cement everything together, if you have the opportunity. It can be hard to get primer into those hard-to-reach spots. Also, it seems to be more difficult to hide the red or black printing on the sides of the pipe, so you might want to sand that off before priming and painting. A minigun with the label of "Charlotte Pipe Sch. 40 PVC" might not look as threatening as you'd like. :)

It's looking good. I like seeing plumbing being used for non-plumbing purposes.

You might want to prime the surfaces for painting before you cement everything together, if you have the opportunity. It can be hard to get primer into those hard-to-reach spots. Also, it seems to be more difficult to hide the red or black printing on the sides of the pipe, so you might want to sand that off before priming and painting. A minigun with the label of "Charlotte Pipe Sch. 40 PVC" might not look as threatening as you'd like. :)

that's a battle I didn't know quite how to fight. I thought if i primed first my glue might adhere to the paint and if the paint pulls away the structure may pull apart as well. I'm going to have to get creative and lay some paint down in hard to reach areas with an air brush

This is looking AMAZING!!!!!!! when is it going to be finished!?!?!?!?!?!

Can't say for sure. I'm finishing off a Scar Mask now for a Lair member. As soon as that is done I will be powering back into it.

I hope about 2 more weeks. As it progresses I am leaning on making it more screen accurate than I had intended because it has been so much fun to work on but that also slows down the process.

The chrome tube holding the handle and firing grip is a Toilet paper roll dispenser tube.
The rubber stopper at the end is a furniture leg floor protector.

The T handles holding the semi circle bumper guard at the bottom are from a lawn mower handle with a stainless bolt in the center.

everything tubular is every imaginable diameter of plumbing PVC water and waste pipe. its all cheap as dirt.

the handle is 3/4 inch wood

The Firing grip in from an aviation joy stick

and everything else is made from single or multi laminated 3mm PVC Sintra sign plastic. I have a friend that owns a sign company and he gives me big sheets of left overs free!

I have a whole boat load of Allen head bolts being shipped to me as we speak. Some corrugated cables, some steel braided cable, a bunch of chrome rings that will finish it all off once it is painted.

As long as people get a kick uot of the progress shots, I'll keep posting up

Later

VinMan

Outstanding work!
Glad to see you back & continuing to impress with your work Brother!
You Da Man.

Vini

By all means keep the progress pics coming! Terrific job! Can't wait to see paint and weathering on this bad M F...

Vin dah man fo show...

Dave

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back