Another Kylo Ren saber, not 3D printed.

dz-6489

I finished my Kylo Ren saber about 2 weeks ago, thought I would share it. Its all metal, machined aluminum and brass. For electronics i have a tri-Rebel Red LED for the main and red singles for the sides. The soundboard is a Petit Crouton v3.5 and its powered by a rechargeable li-ion battery pack. I have the side blades on a separate switch so i can turn them on and off manually. The removable blades are 7/8 inch polycarbonate.

kr1.jpg
kr2.jpg
kr3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks and sounds awesome! I was hoping someone would make a metal hilt; while the 3D printed ones look great and all, they're not really combat-able.
Are the exposed wires functional, or just cosmetic?
What method did you mainly use to construct it? CNC? Lathe? Combo of both? Other?

Where's the on/off switch?
Also, it looks like you have some set screws at the bottom of the hilt; are they for anything in particular?

looks good! was this based from one of the designed meshes out there or just free-handed also any build photos?. i'd be very interested in your construction methods and to see a little more metal haha your paint job is maybe a little too black ?

my only comments are the crossguard emitters look a little large but for functionality and ease of fitting a standard width blade thats A-OK

Great job !DZ

Looks and sounds awesome! I was hoping someone would make a metal hilt; while the 3D printed ones look great and all, they're not really combat-able.
Are the exposed wires functional, or just cosmetic?
What method did you mainly use to construct it? CNC? Lathe? Combo of both? Other?

Where's the on/off switch?
Also, it looks like you have some set screws at the bottom of the hilt; are they for anything in particular?

The wires are just cosmetic. I used a combination of the lathe, mill, and even hand dremeled some of the smaller parts. no CNC, all manual. If a part didn't screw together its either soldered or tack welded. The switches (3 in total, 1 for on/off of the main blade, 1 to control the aux of the soundboard, and 1 to turn the side blades on/ff are located on the opposite side of the damaged section. what looks to be set screws at the bottom are just holes allowing the sound to vent. i had some in the pommel, but the wires for the recharge port blocked a lot of the sound so i decided to put side holes in.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back