Another "grizzly" Paintup

skunk

Hey folks
Hope all is well
Sorry I've not had much time to get on here lately....

This is my latest paintup on "Grizzly"

IMGP0011.jpg

IMGP0012.jpg

IMGP0013.jpg

IMGP0014.jpg

IMGP0015.jpg

IMGP0088.jpg

IMGP0089.jpg

IMGP0090.jpg

IMGP0091.jpg

IMGP0092.jpg

IMGP0093.jpg

IMGP0094.jpg

IMGP0095.jpg

IMGP0096.jpg

IMGP0097.jpg

IMGP0098.jpg

I'm taking a break from my day job next week, and when I get back, i'll be going part time, so hopefully i'll get more free time.

This piece is up for auction for those interested, heres a link
http://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/28611-11-scale-resin-custom-predator-display-bust-grizzly/#entry350862

Thanks for looking
Lee

Cheers Lee
Really not happy with the way the flash plays with the colours though, there's a few places that the paint touch ups really stand out in the pics......they dont look anywhere near as horrid in the natural light.

Cheers peeps.......I will try and get some better pics later in the natural light....but my mates borrowed me tripod.

Cheers man, the mottling is not that complicated really.
I use acrylic inks, black and white are opaque and all the colours are semi transarent.
First, I base coat with white, then I take some earth brown (basicaly, a dark brown, earth brown is simply the name that magic colour chose) and make a batch mixed with some white (around a 3/4 brown 1/4 white) then I split this batch into 3 seperate pots, I leave one as it is, mix a little green into one and a little yellow into the last one.
I end up with three slightly different shades of brown.
To apply, I set up the paintflow on the airbrush to a bare minimum, then simply apply each layer in a series of random small circular patterns, when I have done all three colours, I'll do a few brown spots, then give it all a slight mist of white to blend, then I do the brown spots and the black spots, then give the whole thing a mist of mid grey to blend it all a bit further and to take that "clean as a cartoon" look off of it.
Hope this helps.
I'll take some progress shots next time I do a paintup.
Cheers

This thing IS some amazingly detailed work. I would like to see this Pred come to life as an actual character. It looks as though it is alive! Great job!!!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back