Another Gears of War Lancer repaint (taxi-cab --> to reg)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

bigbisont

I have wanted a gears of war Lancer for some time and finally scored a great deal on one. The only problem: It was the taxi cab paint job...

Oh well. I can fix that.

(before)
20150630_112548.jpg

-I just cleaned it with simple green then taped off the areas I wanted to keep black.
-I then hit it with a coat of primer .
-Next I selected my colors. (rattle can silver & 'metallic gray') First was silver all over, then more masking tape before a "metallic gray" coat.

I was pretty tempted to leave it clean, but once I started weathering I got carried away.
20150707_154435.jpg

Weathering was done with the metallic gray spray dusting, then wiping with a paper towel while it was still wet. When it was "done" I did do some black acrylic touch ups and repainted the light bars blue.

20150707_154114.jpg

20150707_162128.jpg
20150707_185933.jpg

The weathering got a bit heavy handed I think. It isnt super crazy accurate, but I like it. I think it was a HUGE improvement over the taxi cab...

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.