Another First Class Magneto Helmet **Update 11/09 molding**

Thanks man:)..I got some airgaps on some of the tips while i was putting on the gelcoat but that was my fault for rushing:p... wish I had a helmet over here to finish. Sucks having to make it all again.

.. if you want a dodgy pull for free you can:p

Yeah you really have to push the air out of the gelcoat when brushing it in.
Make a new one? If your just refining it way not just mod a casting?
And sure send it up my way I could fix it up. ;)

For the first pull i thought the mold was breaking the tips, but then the next one was the same.. damn human error! The process is quite easy tho, just a lot of waiting:)

Im getting a casting posted over and i'll have to make another mold over here, as my mate is using the original one... He's gonna fix the first 2 hopefully, if not i'll send you one on, just pm ur address.. you gotta pay postage tho:p

Postage is between 21-35euro.. and it take 6/9 days to deliver

What kind of resin did you cast it in? Great job by the way, looks very nice!

At first I thought it was a bit short and a little too round, but after looking at some of the actual shots of helmet form the movie then I realized it was pretty accurate :)

Thanks man:)... Its actually 2 layers of gelcoat with inner layers of fibreglass. Its very rigid! With such a large front opening, rebound or 65D was not an option.

haha yeh I spent way too much time looking at those shots and clips:D

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back