Another First Class Magneto Helmet **Update 11/09 molding**

Hahaha go for it man!... let me know if you want me to send you on important dimensions etc. Any way i can help i will:)

Mold is finally done, now curing for forever, then mother mold:D (wish i had plasti-paste)..keys need to be tidied up tomorrow and prob dovetail the mohawk ridge.

IMG_0967.jpg

Re: Another First Class Magneto Helmet **Update 11

Amazing helmet my friend,Ive always been a Magneto fan and this helmet looks amazing. Great job,Im the partner of TGIrookie and he also made a great version of the Sebastian Shaw version. Again my friend great job....

Nice to me you and thank you very much. It is about a day away from the first pull. How is your clone/rebel crossover costume coming along? I hear Danny is starting a new magneto helmet, he is addicted to the pep:p

Its really nice to hear great comments from such great artists. thanks:) Hopefully pulling my first mold tomorrow, or even tonight if i get impatient

Re: Another First Class Magneto Helmet **Update 15/09 molding**

First pull was good and bad. The mold detail came out spot on but im not happy with the rigidity of the casting or the small bubble inclusions.

I used smooth-cast 60D which gave way too much flexibility and very little ability to sand. So i'm gonna buy some Smooth-cast 300 next. If anyone has any other ideas on what to use in the smooth cast range let me know:)

... im gonna leave it set overnight and see how hard it gets.

Last edited:
Re: Another First Class Magneto Helmet **Update 15/09 molding**

First pull was good and bad. The mold detail came out spot on but im not happy with the rigidity of the casting or the small bubble inclusions.

I used smooth-cast 60D which gave way too much flexibility and very little ability to sand. So i'm gonna buy some Smooth-cast 300 next. If anyone has any other ideas on what to use in the smooth cast range let me know:)

... im gonna leave it set overnight and see how hard it gets.

Hey JayB, Ive been watching some tutorials and this guy uses Smooth-cast 300. Check him out. Man this helmet is expensive :cry

xXBocephusXx's Channel - YouTube

Last edited:
Is there really that much of a different between 60D and 65D Khan?.. I must admit i was thinking of changing alright. I will have a decision made in the morning:)

Lol,Danny i actually just watched that vid today. I rang my smooth-on supplier and he advised against the 300 for slush cast, but im not sure what way to go.

Ok after much discussion and advice I have decided to mold this helmet using a gelcoat out layer with fibreglass support layers. First pull will be wednesday hopefully... this just gets more and more expensive:p

A big thanks to Clinton(finhead) and Tim Allen!

Sorry I havent updated in a while, I've been pretty occupied with moving to Australia. Just starting to settle in now over here so i wont be doing much for a little while. I did take this pic before i left Ireland:)

IMG_0974.jpg

As for helmet production, I have left it to one of my friends who is well able to carry on the work, so im giving him a wk or so to practise before he starts production. fingers crossed all goes well and i get to make a mold over here soon

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back