Another First Class Magneto Helmet **Update 11/09 molding**

Re: Another First Class Magneto Helmet **Update 01/09 almost there**

this is really looking great, its amazing how these things develop from what we have at the start

Yeh true that!..Thanks man:)..just redid the flairing at the side trim...oh hey i just got First class on blueray!.. I have loads of stills taken from the end .... I shall go post on ur update now:D

lol it does look like a pred/magneto helmet now i like even more. I actually do have a question. i tried my best on making it smooth on the top (without dents) and it still didnt come out perfectly round. any advice? here is another picture of my progress. I painted it a metallic black with silver flecks. I wanted a darker look lol.

mag.jpg picture by tgirookie - Photobucket

I'll pm you all the details so we dont go off topic:)

Ok before i cover this thing in silicone and so i dont waste money, does anyone see anything that needs to be changed with this?? Hopefully my first casting and 3D model will be done this wk and next:)... Resin reinforced with woven fibreglass layers, fun fun:D

DSC01525.jpg

DSC01522.jpg

DSC01524.jpg

DSC01528.jpg

DSC01529.jpg

Re: Another First Class Magneto Helmet **Update 07/09 done?**

The X:Men First Class DVD/Bluray is almost out. September 9th in fact. You may want to wait and see if there are any really good "making of" segments concerning the helmet.

Just a thought.

Nick

Looks awesome to me!
I think it's probably the best on here shape wise ;)

Excellent job!

Wow thanks very much:D means a lot coming from a great designer who also busted their nut build this helmet hahaha.... I just wish i was good at spray painting!

The X:Men First Class DVD/Bluray is almost out. September 9th in fact. You may want to wait and see if there are any really good "making of" segments concerning the helmet.

Just a thought.

Nick

Thats a good point actually, i will kick myself if they give a solid model file of it!:p.. I downloaded just the blu-ray movie a few days ago to get a good look at the end game helmet

Jay you have done an outstanding job on this, really nice mate, and that featurette shows that we were right all along about the different helmets!! I'd love a copy of yours when you start making them, sending you a PM too :thumbsup

Thanks:D Yaye i was right, for once:p...tbh i was going to hand out 2 helmets to ppl that lived in europe just to get some feedback and critique. I've been looking at it way too long and trying to find faults with it... Shall we call it a swap so?:)

Last edited:

Looks very accurate to me, great job. :thumbsup Love the fact you caught all the shape in this that others missed, makes it stand out for sure. Sign me up. lol :cool

Great Job!!!
Your helmet looks great !(y)thumbsup

Thanks very much:D... Hopefully i'll have the first cast done this wkend

First layer of mold max on, 4 to go:)
IMG_0966.jpg

Oh and a quick pic with Markpoon's AWESOME replica coins, a must for any X-men fan
IMG_0959.jpg

HOLY HELL! That is fantastic, incredible sculpt my friend, count me down for 2 copies when it's done!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back