Another Fieldmarshall E11 Build.

Megamicrofish

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well, Actually its just a Sterling at present, Still got to StarWarsify it ;)
The Field Marshal kit is very nice, Easy to put together and I had no issues importing to the UK.

Still working out which is the best way to add the T track

y61Rlj1.jpg

LR7lwRX.jpg

Last edited:
I tried the hot water method and thought it was a PITA with disappointing results. I found the easiest way to do the T-track was to use a heat gun. Do not get too close or hold it on there too long as it will cause the plastic to bubble. Other than that it is fast and simple, the plastic is very easy to work with and no trimming is needed other than overall length. Plus if you screw up, just reheat and the plastic naturally goes back to its original shape.

I tried the hot water method and thought it was a PITA with disappointing results. I found the easiest way to do the T-track was to use a heat gun. Do not get too close or hold it on there too long as it will cause the plastic to bubble. Other than that it is fast and simple, the plastic is very easy to work with and no trimming is needed other than overall length. Plus if you screw up, just reheat and the plastic naturally goes back to its original shape.
Getting there, T-tracks are on, You are right, Heat gun worked a treat!
7DtHf0r.jpg

H8FksvP.jpg

Hengsler on, Also added the rail and scope.
Not overly happy with the finish on the main body of the scope, I tried to get some texture, but it turned out too similar to the Sterling finish.
Going to do a bit of weathering and see what it looks like, I may have to strip it back.
FJ35Mes.jpg

Well, Actually its just a Sterling at present, Still got to StarWarsify it ;)
The Field Marshal kit is very nice, Easy to put together and I had no issues importing to the UK.

Still working out which is the best way to add the T track

View attachment 1456598

View attachment 1456599
Brings back memories, smg my personal weapon in the 80's

Watching with much interest.

May ask what paperwork you need to buy one non two tone? I'm UK based and it's a bleeding minefield and seems to be getting more difficult for enthusiasts who want nothing more than quality, accurate replicas of sci fi props.

Brings back memories, smg my personal weapon in the 80's

Watching with much interest.

May ask what paperwork you need to buy one non two tone? I'm UK based and it's a bleeding minefield and seems to be getting more difficult for enthusiasts who want nothing more than quality, accurate replicas of sci fi props.
It comes as a kit, and much lighter than a real Sterling (although still pretty heavy once the sights go on) Came through customs fine.
I think they are described as Sci Fi toy replica prop kit

It comes as a kit, and much lighter than a real Sterling (although still pretty heavy once the sights go on) Came through customs fine.
I think they are described as Sci Fi toy replica prop kit
Thank you. Its very accurate looking at the pics. Enjoying reading this thread. Nice work BTW. Original smg's were parkerised from memory. Weathering always a personal thing how much wear and where, lot of obvious places catch or rub against clothes, etc when in use. I'm moving from large scale aircraft into sci fi and it is an art getting finishes looking right especially on full size stuff.

Hengsler on, Also added the rail and scope.
Not overly happy with the finish on the main body of the scope, I tried to get some texture, but it turned out too similar to the Sterling finish.
Going to do a bit of weathering and see what it looks like, I may have to strip it back.
View attachment 1459062
Just apply a heavy coat of satin black to the scope body...this will help blending the texture

Why is it textured like that.? was that how it was in the movie.?
Yes and No, Still a big debate over the textures. All commercial Sterling's were painted with "Crackle Paint" Only military Sterling's were "Flat Black"
1621454407749.png

The one that is confirmed to be "screen Used" at the Royal Arsenal has crackle finish from Bapty Submachine gun - Star Wars Imperial Stormtrooper E-11 blaster One of a pair of 'blaster' guns from the 'Star Wars' series of films, of Imperial Stormtrooper 'E-11' and Rebel Trooper 'DH-17' patterns respectively, both modified by film armourers Bapty & Co. from 1950s vintage Sterling submachine guns. The Imperial blaster is confirmed by Bapty to be screen-used. - Royal Armouries collections

Oh yeah, can definitely see the texture on that one, looking forward to seeing the completed job.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back