Another fake Superman costume auction...

<div class='quotetop'>(Aeon @ Jul 6 2006, 07:15 AM) [snapback]1275115[/snapback]</div>
http://cgi.ebay.com/Superman-Costume-from-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Another private auction with another fake costume. I wonder if Armando Alvarez is behind this auction too. From the way the description sounds, it seems like the seller was duped by Armando too and trying to collect back what he spent...
[/b]

"An almost identical costume, from the same source, sold for over $30,000.00 at Profiles In History Auction House several months ago."

And you're selling yours for $3,000 on eBay as opposed to putting it in an auction because?

Which seems worse? Getting ripped off by the original seller or the buyer upon discovering he has been screwed, trys to cover his loss by sticking some other unsuspecting guy?

We've all been handed the shaft some time or other in this hobby. I figure you get duped, you either go after the guy that sold it to you or suck it up. Absolutely no credible reason I can conjur that would allow for practicing this kind of "Pay It Forward". People suck.

I'm sure we willbe getting another "my attorney will contact you" email from Armando over this post. :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(Jedirick @ Jul 6 2006, 12:35 PM) [snapback]1275201[/snapback]</div>
Which seems worse? Getting ripped off by the original seller or the buyer upon discovering he has been screwed, trys to cover his loss by sticking some other unsuspecting guy?
[/b]

Imo the buyer trying to stick it to somebody else.

You know what they say though, Karma's a bitch. :D

Ya....the buyer is doing the worse thing. If you buy something like that without doing the proper research and have that kind of money to risk, then trying to put your mistake on someone else's back AND misleading other buyers the same way you were mislead....very poor form IMHO.

Funny thing is there are so many bids already on this set, and it's only the second thing he's sold apparently.
Too bad these folks bidding don't remember the costume well enough to do some research like seeing that the 'underwear' are far too long on the hip

http://www.chrisreevehomepage.com/images/s...an3/sup3_cr.jpg

and the boots are peaked in the front and just look wrong regardless

http://bilder.filmstarts.de/thumbs/film/fi...anIII-Bild2.jpg

Not to mention other flaws.
He could be reported for this quite easily and they will end the auction on him.

I would avoid any Superman Costume Auction, especially if it originated from "Super Hollywood".
superboy5.jpg

This is just an example...

:lol "This is to certify that the Superboy costume in the position of Mr. Alvarez... :lol

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back