Another Elder

skunk

Here are some pics of my latest attempt at an elder
Longer and greyer dreads this time round.....which i'm happy with...but still not entirely happy with the skin.
ompmfwdr.jpg

ompmfwdr1.jpg

ompmfwdr8.jpg

ompmfwdr9.jpg

ompmfwdr4.jpg

ompmfwdr7.jpg

ompmfwdr6.jpg

ompmfwdr5.jpg

Thanks for looking

Lee

I often hesitate to comment on these threads, due to the fact that I seriously have no idea what discipline needs to go into a well thought out and executed piece of art. I know what looks "good" to me, and I know what looks cheap to me..... like it was purchased at a dollar store sometimes; but my view is not based on knowledge of the skill, only what looks "real" and what looks less "real", so I don't comment because I have no authority to do so based on lack of experience.

But this needs to be commented on at any risk.

This is off the charts fantastic. Your attention to detail and realism is sick! The teeth look how teeth would look, not like plastic or latex or clay. They have that slight discoloration with bits of imperfection in them just like teeth look, especially on carnivores.

The dread detail is great as well. The coloring appears as if months were spent on each one and I love the dread rings and artifacts he sports.

The slight wrinkling in the skin on the forehead and mandible cheek sheds light to age and experience..... a seasoned veteran grizzled and battle scarred :p

Killer man. Just ....killer!!

I have to agree with JehdinThwei-the painting is outstanding and very realistic! I'm especially drawn to the mouth, which IMO, is one of the most realistic I've seen on display. I also think the use of layers and coloring adds a level of depth that can sometimes be lacking in these paint-ups, which truly creates the realistic look...Great job!

Cheers peoples......It's a step up from my last attempt at an elder....but i'm still not too sure if his skin looks aged enough.
I will try again tho lol.
Thanks again

Now, that is gnarly. I definitely already wanted that neck ring and those verterbrae rings. It looks even better than I had imagined; now I have an visual on what my head might look like, only with a DB mask instead. Stellar work sir.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back