Another drop of cargo (Star Wars Storage boxes)

Empatojayos

I always loved the designs used for the storage containers from the SW movies, especially those used in the original trilogy. My love also goes to the ones you walk by, jump over, or hide yourself atfer in the Jedi Knight games, even though they're not canon anymore.

It's some part of Star Wars that makes it look real. Not that empty hall that's been given modern colours, but one that's been made to live in, to make you get the feeling there's been worked in one of these spaces for months.

This made me create an interpretation of real-life storage boxes. Maybe to use for a piece of set or something else. One little thing to be the beginning of more and bigger!

Enough chatter for now!

Here are my pictures:

FB_IMG_1439324101218.jpg

20150811_161133.jpg

Both are work in progress, made out of MDF. My plan is to make some as saloon table, or for something entirely different.

I'll keep this thread updated on all of my box-creations.

Nice! I'm hoping to do something similar (albeit nowhere near as tidy) with some pink foam as a photo prop. Great to see more setting props out there!

Those are really nice; excellent work! I have also enjoyed what the container designs bring to the Star Wars environment, in particular the SWG MMORPG. Are you making them functional as well? Looking forward to seeing more of your container builds. Is the second one approximately the same size as the one by the filing cabinet?

Last edited:
These are amazing. I always thought it would be awesome to store all my Star Wars cosplay stuff in one of the boxes they used to "scan" the Millennium Falcon in A New Hope. Great work!

Since it's for my bedroom, I decided to add some drawers in the same style as the containers. Here's a preview of the upper half. Both the side and back will get a complete round. The one on the front will be cut in half as you can see in the picture.

Attachments

• 20190627_112339.jpg
    20190627_112339.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 234
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back