View attachment 1305064
Here ya go. Direct photo of that page of the book. Not a lot to see, though.

Maybe you can help clarify something... I’d thought the two firing ESB Bespin blasters were original mausers, and the Hoth blaster an MGC. But another thread seemed to think the Bespin were MGC also. Which is which?

Also, which of the two "Bespin" heroes does Luke pull on Yoda when they first meet? I know the rest of the time he just has the Dagobah resin stunts but looking through the storybook I realized one of the hero blasters is used briefly.

As scottjua mentioned only the Hoth was an MGC.
931E4EBD-C1BF-41BE-BB97-EB88FB27E41D.png

In the Dagobah scenes the Bespin blaster is seen twice. Both times Luke’s pulls the blaster (Once when r2 first falls into the water and the 2nd time when he meets Yoda for the first time) it’s the bespin version. The Dagobah (stunt) blaster is scene when he’s running to r2’s aid after he’s shot from the dragonsnakes mouth..
D962ADA6-A7A1-4B6D-85D0-90E1ABD1194C.png
4B0D3166-B1E4-463C-A48D-800D2FBC0FA0.png
125B1546-B706-4B2E-933A-3E87A79BE779.png

Thanks both of you for the clarification!

For the hero on Dagobah, I had been wondering if there were any shots that were clear enough to tell which of the two Bespin hero blasters were used. But I just remembered: 4K on Disney Plus! (more like 1080p when captured on this PC monitor...) Looks like the full light port to me and now I see it in your capture above as well. So this is the "Han"?

Of course those designations are already a bit fuzzy even though they are certainly not absolute distinctions to begin with given Han is most clearly seen with the cut port "Luke" blaster in the dining room, despite firing both of them in that sequence; this just muddies it a bit more.

1591076099007.png

Forgot about the swamp monster scene, good catch. I couldn't pull any clear frames from it though - it's dark and mostly in motion and your frame above is about as good as it gets.

For the hero on Dagobah, I had been wondering if there were any shots that were clear enough to tell which of the two Bespin hero blasters were used. But I just remembered: 4K on Disney Plus! (more like 1080p when captured on this PC monitor...) Looks like the full light port to me and now I see it in your capture above as well. So this is the "Han"?

Of course those designations are already a bit fuzzy even though they are certainly not absolute distinctions to begin with given Han is most clearly seen with the cut port "Luke" blaster in the dining room, despite firing both of them in that sequence; this just muddies it a bit more.

View attachment 1305342

Forgot about the swamp monster scene, good catch. I couldn't pull any clear frames from it though - it's dark and mostly in motion and your frame above is about as good as it gets.

Honestly I’m not sure which blaster it is. It sort of looks like a full light port but it also looks to be maybe a 3/4 one as well?? The flash is pretty clean which makes u believe it’s possibly Han’s. But it’s hard to tell..

Last edited:

View attachment 1305342

Here is that same pic but just over exposed and ya it looks like a full circle. Interesting..
EE8D8501-CFD8-4CDD-9C6F-90695CC262FD.jpeg

Good job, I was gonna do that with my upgraded/"accurized" Denix hammer and trigger. Glad you saved me the effort!!

I’ve put a couple YouTube videos together. I think they each help identify the individual blasters said details and differences as well as highlight the individual parts I had made up for each build.

There‘s so much misinformation out there and so many accurized builds people are getting lost on what is truly film accurate and what isn’t. Hope these help..

Below is my Stembridge & Endor ROTJ blasters. Each recreated on a denix base, highly modified as well..

Last edited:
AnubisGuard thanks! The trigger and hammer are painted ya but they themselves are 3d printed on a HP Multi Jet Fusion printer. Those printers are crazy insane in the strength and detail it can capture. Are you familiar with them?

AnubisGuard thanks man much appreciated!

I honestly only asked about the printer because I think it’s one of the most overlooked aspect when capturing that metal look. The other obviously being the design of the part itself. It all adds up for sure.

These MJF printers print extremely strong and extremely detailed. But most importantly the nylon material it prints in actual absorbs the paint itself. Otherwise if u use resin or metal the paint itself will eventually crack/chip over time when u pull the trigger and the hammer snaps. SLS printers are also nylon but can’t capture in the details these MJF printers can. I’ve failed many times before finding what works.

But for the finish itself ya its quite simple. Primer, sand and repeat 2/3 times. But very minor sanding and only use extremely fine sandpaper as the print itself is already smooth. Then silver paint and graphite powder. After it sits for a bit I use black paint for the details. Comes out pretty solid as you can see. I do get a lot of people confusing it for actual metal which is a really nice complement in itself. Same process for the flash hider as well.
361DFDAF-6BE2-46F2-B8FE-1B715DDDEC8F.jpeg
86205AB5-383E-48C6-9927-715BC865F072.jpeg
B656D6DB-9512-4397-811B-9A1E030F1312.jpeg
C9C645C9-C821-4B2F-99B6-E4A0A8584DE5.jpeg

0B6E2BA1-4E38-4FAE-ACE7-D6892DCEF392.jpeg
34790D00-059A-492A-9585-9234E14F3E0D.jpeg
AC0E35F0-836C-403B-B22B-E61704658FE9.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally got the reprint and was able to get it primed and painted. Like a kid in Xmas morning my impatiens will always get the best of me as I couldn’t wait for each coat to fully dry before adding the next. All things considering it came out pretty good. Not perfect but certainly does the job I believe. I’ll take this one off and spend more time on the next one. The gluing is the toughest (messy) part so far..

EDIT: 3/31/22 I’ve updated this design so it has legs and a separate exact part to work as a stencil. Makes attaching it much easier and less messy..
72432D70-9B3A-406E-8540-3BABA6D92E4A.jpeg
35590EBA-DE7E-4A86-8C33-D2CB9D527292.jpeg
51C3D3D9-E28E-4783-A102-0948C4CA0A6F.jpeg
E344EDD4-2D98-437A-BD69-D68954BDD473.jpeg
E4D988A5-6D9F-46F2-9FF8-C9D7D0FB818B.jpeg
93649872-EAC4-4B46-8C9E-DB40480F7B24.jpeg
95403082-BFF1-4C6F-9A9B-C8F101140BF3.jpeg
C6558ED6-94C5-4D80-ACA0-AD3B52E5ECBB.jpeg

Last edited:
That end piece is a nice touch! It really ads some great texture to the blaster. Is that addition appropriate for all versions of the blaster or just specific variations?

Is that addition appropriate for all versions of the blaster or just specific variations?
That's a feature of all C96, M30, and M712 pistols - it's the lock frame that slides into the main frame of the pistol:

H1097-L154570746.jpg

As you can see, technically it should be flush with the main frame, but chubsANDdoggers' plant-on approach is a good work-around - I'm not sure how else you could do it easily. Also, the lock frame was one of the components that was left "in the white," meaning the steel wasn't blued or otherwise given a surface treatment.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back