another BIG chainsaw prop

motman241

It seems like once you get started on one thing, you just keep going, and can't stop. :lol
This sucker is pretty massive. I've removed a lot of the engine (no, it doesn't start now), to cut down on the weight, but it's still quit heavy. Overall length is just shy of five feet long. Quit the impressive beast, and just as elusive. I've never seen another one out there attempted. Enjoy.
[image]http://propaholics.wolfchasers.com/uploader/users/motman241/TCM2saw.jpg[/image]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ToothTech @ May 4 2006, 02:40 AM) [snapback]1237985[/snapback]</div>
So, ya gonna share yer chili recipe as well? :D
[/b]
"No secret - it's the meat. Don't skimp on the meat." ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarthDH @ May 4 2006, 09:28 PM) [snapback]1238464[/snapback]</div>
Any chance of doing the "The Saw is Family" chrome hot-rod from Leatherface?
[/b]
Well, like Wuher posted, it is a bit of a custom piece, but I do have some of the parts already. It's pretty much only custom in that it's completely chromed, with a few add-ons (and that awesome engraved bar). It will be a very pricey prop, no matter how you cut it. (pun intended) :lol It will be quite a while before this project is done.

The big chromed one will probably be the last of the Texas Chainsaw saws I do, as the other movies just didn't match up. If I ever do another one, I'd do Dennis Hopper's saw from part 2. There's lots of good chainsaws in movies, but these first three Texas Chainsaw Massacre saws have the most character, I think.

I whole-heartedly agree with you -- they kinda got carried away using the "chainsaw" name-- to me, the original saw (yellow one) is THE saw. I would love to see a shot of the yellow, red and the chrome side by side by side -- a family portrait if you will -- you do very impressive work.

D>

I would pay serious $$ for the 'Right Arm of Bruce Campbell' chainsaw from Stacey: Attack of the Schoolgirl Zombies. :love

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Birdie @ May 5 2006, 09:29 PM) [snapback]1239148[/snapback]</div>
I would pay serious $$ for the 'Right Arm of Bruce Campbell' chainsaw from Stacey: Attack of the Schoolgirl Zombies. :love
[/b]
Looking at that saw again.... I really like the bar idea, but the saw part is so... non-descript, and so non-chainsaw-looking. :unsure I may have to do just the bar, because it is so cool. And I'll always take a cute looking Japanese bunny girl to go with the package. :D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back