Another AP armor suit, and some thermal detonator questions

stormtrooperguy

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just finished putting together my AP armor. Nothing particularly exciting to show here... it looks like every other suit of AP armor ;)

Aside from having my biceps on a little too high in this pic, here's the suit:

normal__MG_2337.jpg

Now, I've always hated the butt cannister, aka thermal detonator. I am coming up empty with regard to a good shot of the ANH one. Is it the same grey as used on the helmet? Is it black? Are there little chrome strips like the FX armor includes?

I'm planning to clip it onto the belt, and to make the utility set that the trooper Luke mugged had (grappling hook and such)

And while I'm at it... which of the troopers was TK-421? Does anyone know? I think it would be neat to make a replica of the only trooper to have a name ;)

I think it's the same gray as the mouth. TK-421 is the trooper Luke assumed the identity of, so you'll have to get a hero helmet. :)

Here's a few shots of my canister.It's built up exactly the same as the original ANH canister's.
clips.jpg

I reckon Luke's armour is supposed to be TK421,but what's funny is when the gantry officer say's "TK421 why aren't you at you at your post" a trooper comes down the ramp,but it's neither of the hero suit's :p

-Paul.

<div class='quotetop'>(troopermaster @ Aug 14 2006, 12:25 PM) [snapback]1300161[/snapback]</div>
Here's a few shots of my canister.It's built up exactly the same as the original ANH canister's.
[/b]

thanks.

are those money clips or custom made things to mount it with? you might have posted in another thread, but they all blur together at some point :)

my big debate now is accuracy vs. security. i want it to be as close to screen-like as possible while still being safe to troop in without losing parts.

i *know* that i'll need a new detonator if i don't secure it in some vaugely permanent way. i'm thinking maybe clips but then having a screw go through the belt and into a nut set into the back of the tank...

The clips are custom made from 1" flat aluminium bar bent to shape.Like clutch suggests,I would bolt it to the belt so that it doesn't get lost whilst trooping.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back