Another '66 BatRadio...

PropReplicator2

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So after a several great runs, a long while ago, of my Bat Radios I have decided to create the wider "fatter" version seen in the tv series as opposed to the thinner one seen in the movie. The main body for my newer radio is being constructed the same way I made the last one: by laminating multiple layers of 1/8" thick sintra plastic together and cutting the main body out to the wanted size. After the body was roughly shaped, it was sanded, filled, primed, over and over again until it looked and felt smooth to the touch. The idea behind this radio, is I am wanting to not only have a light in it, but I also want it to feature sound as well. This body is obviously wider, and features a larger more spacious compartment in the backside to accommodate the electronics necessary for this build to come to life. At this point, I am about 2-3 wks into the build, and I will try my best to update this thread as often as possible. The pictures I attached below feature both a rough cast of my old radio above my newer V2 radio body, so the differences can be seen first hand.
NU2GZW6.jpg

pGRWHuz.jpg

h4zGw9b.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back