another 5th element hand

zorg

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
well i needed to dust of my glove which has been in storage for over a year,also needed to get better pics. i didnt want to post these in the other glove thread as i didnt want to step on any toes.

this is from a limited run done a couple of years ago by myself, this is the only one that was cast with bronze powder. i have some chocolate coins holding it up at one end :D , its supposed to be resting in stone chips and not designed to sit on a flat surface hense the coins.

sorry about the watermarks but there are some folks that use my pics without asking (you know who you are)

hand.jpg

hand2.jpg

hand3.jpg

realhand.jpg

thanks for looking

z

I haven't seen that cold-cast hand for years. I remember when I was trying to prise it out of your grasp or commision you to do another, but I couldn't find sufficient trade bait.

Interesting that it chose today to reappear after all this time.

Coincidence, I am certain....

JAS

Originally posted by outlander@Feb 28 2006, 08:57 AM
I haven't seen that cold-cast hand for years.  I remember when I was trying to prise it out of your grasp or commision you to do another, but I couldn't find sufficient trade bait.

Interesting that it chose today to reappear after all this time.

Coincidence, I am certain....

JAS
[snapback]1195477[/snapback]​

thanks for the kind comments guys.

outlander....you know you want it :lol

Hell with the bronze, EXCELLENT finish work on the rest of the stuff -the bone and marble are out of this world as well. Tell us more, please.

-Raj

Originally posted by Jeeves@Feb 28 2006, 03:41 PM
Hell with the bronze, EXCELLENT finish work on the rest of the stuff -the bone and marble are out of this world as well. Tell us more, please.

-Raj
[snapback]1195623[/snapback]​

thanks again for the comments , i can assure you there is more 5th element to come.....bigger and better :D

as for the finishing of the rest of the piece jeeves ..........

well the main glove part is the raw resin buffed with steel wool after it got a coating of flat black enamels in the grooves/lines,

the marble handle was painted with a mid grey matt then thinned flat black flecked on with a toothbrush creating a dotted effect then clearcoated

the brass handles were painted with a bright gold out of an aerosol then matt black over the top which was wiped off here and there,

the box fragment was painted with various enamels (humbrol) dry brushed with a light sandy colour.

the bones were painted with a creamy white then a black wash then drybrushed with the base coat.

the flesh was humbrol enamels again , varous reds and browns.

i really need to get this in a diarama base with the stone chips and stuff...
:$

edit******* i forgot to add this was my first clay sculpt and the first time i had used the bronze powders :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back