Annabelle

LordMustang

Heya folks!

I'm new as you can see and I came here with a reason: i want Annabelle
1412447705001-XXX-ANNABELLE-MOV-JY-2961--67725108.JPG

"Miss me?"

Some may call here scary, I call her wonderful.

This doll is the main reason why I like the Conjuring and Annabelle (the movie)

So I've been looking on the internet for a replica of it and got 3 options.

One being a toy by livingdeaddolls. It doesn't look any close to the original

One made as a promo doll. It's kinda small compared to the real doll but it's face looks somehow accurate

And one being a replica doll made by The Scary Closet which is really overpriced and it's face doesn't look great either. It surely looks like the real one, but it's not the same. I see it after looking for weeks at the real one. The sizes of the replica are very accurate though

I mailed Warner Bros a request for any info on the doll. They completely ignore their fans it seems. No success there.

The creater of the doll, James Wan, is unreachable either because of famousness.

So all that's left is creativity and I thought: maybe you guys can help me out. With what material should i make the head and the face? The original is supposed to be a porcelain doll but i dont think the original movie prop is porcelain.

Any ideas? Put them here

Thanks in advance!

was the same always wanted a full size chucky and tiffany but even the sideshow ones don't look that great and sideshow seem to have no idea what full scale is :facepalm i was thinking you could shaped a paper clay head then apply a final layer of apoxie sculpt that way you could sand it down to a really smooth finish same with the hands then shop around for a wig and clothing

One made as a promo doll. It's kinda small compared to the real doll but it's face looks somehow accurate

I have one of the promo dolls, it came with a screener of the film pre-release.

It's VERY small compared to actual prop. I'd say about 12 inches tall, though I don't have it on hand to measure.

You can use cold cast porcelain, which is just porcelain powder added to resin though under all that weathering I'm not sure it would make a difference than just painting the cast.

I have one of the promo dolls, it came with a screener of the film pre-release.

It's VERY small compared to actual prop. I'd say about 12 inches tall, though I don't have it on hand to measure.

You can use cold cast porcelain, which is just porcelain powder added to resin though under all that weathering I'm not sure it would make a difference than just painting the cast.
what in the world is cold cast porcelain hahaha. I don't know it :(

- - - Updated - - -

was the same always wanted a full size chucky and tiffany but even the sideshow ones don't look that great and sideshow seem to have no idea what full scale is :facepalm i was thinking you could shaped a paper clay head then apply a final layer of apoxie sculpt that way you could sand it down to a really smooth finish same with the hands then shop around for a wig and clothing

That way the head will be really heavy, won't it? Being totally filled with clay

my bad, not the clay the stuff known as pape rclay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95ZlPB2zGBw its paper mache see the links for stolloween it has weight when wet but dries light see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaoDqynvlOU part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6TiPNFtdD8 part 2
Yeah i know paper mache, but as your video tells, it's applied onto a balloon. I obviously can't use a ballon for Annabelle's head since it's not round. I have to sculpt the head out of clay. However, I can't apply paper mache onto a clay bust because i can't get the clay out of the paper mache head anymore. Any solution?

Should I maybe sculpt it?

Last edited:
a small balloon 4-5 inches that's not over inflated is pear shaped (similar to a head) use the paper strips when all dry pop balloon use the clay mixture to mold the head shape and partial details then a final coat of apoxie sculpt to give fine details then sand for a smooth finish...........jobs a good un :D

a small balloon 4-5 inches that's not over inflated is pear shaped (similar to a head) use the paper strips when all dry pop balloon use the clay mixture to mold the head shape and partial details then a final coat of apoxie sculpt to give fine details then sand for a smooth finish...........jobs a good un :D
Balloons don't have a head's shape lol

I've been looking for a good shape of the annabelle head for too long, any suggestions?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back