Anime Central (Rosemont, Illinois) 2013

infymys

Sr Member
Anime Central's Sweet 16 is happening this May 17-19. It will take place at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois, just northwest of Chicago and right by O'Hare International Airport. The surrounding hotels (Hyatt, Hilton and Doubletree) will also be hosting convention events.

While I do recognize that the majority of the cosplayers/costumers here on The RPF base their stuff on more mainstream things like Iron Man, Halo, Spider Man, Captain America, etc, and even though the focus of the convention is anime, the aforementioned mainstream things are well represented at ACen.

Last year's attendance was estimated to be around 22k and this year's attendance is projected to be around 25k+. Full weekend passes are available online but single day badges must be bought at the convention itself. I must warn those thinking of attending for a single day that lines will be long and advise in purchasing a badge the day before you plan on going.

As to what I will be cosplaying, I have two things in progress and will start threads of them when I'm closer to completion.

With that said, I will be attending the entire weekend and hope to see some fellow RPF members there as well!

Anime Central | May 17-19, 2013

Last edited:
Re: Anime Central 2013

Depending on whether I'll be working the con as a vendor or not, I may be going as well :D I've been to Acen twice before and had a great times at both.

Re: Anime Central 2013

I go every year, so you'll see me there as Tali (Mass Effect 1 version). This will definitely be my most complicated and arduous cosplay to date, but it will be sooooo worth it. Lol

Re: Anime Central (Roselle, Illinois) 2013

If anyone is going, just a heads up that the Tier 3 price of $53 for a weekend badge ends at the end of the month. It then goes up to $60 from then to convention time.

The guest list has been slow to come but just announced is guest of honor, famed voice actress, Yuu Asakawa!

2013-asakawa.guest%20pic.jpg

Here's her IMDb profile.

English speakers know her best as Lebreau in the FFXIII games.

Her Japanese credits are numerous from Bubblegum Crisis, Naruto, Azumanga Daioh, Fate/Stay Night and many more.

And of course, her voice is the model for Megurine Luka in Vocaloid:

CV03 Megurine Luka - Just Be Friends Live in Tokyo, Japan - 1080p Full HD - YouTube

would love to be there, moved out of the area around 5 years ago. not to many cons near me, maybe in canada, have fun for me!

3 days until ACen! If anyone is going, there will be a 21 and over meet and greet for con goers at Kings Rosemont which is located in the MB Financial Park across the convention center starting at 9pm on Thursday.

I'll be there all weekend. Red X on Friday, Shredder on Saturday and either Thomas Bangalter or normal Asian dude on Sunday. Hope to see some of you there!

Day one in the books. Great start to the con. Still hoping to see some RPF'rs there this weekend. One of the highlights was the DC photoshoot today with a sprinkle of Marvel in there as well. That's me as Red X. Had to cut the day a bit short because one of my friends' seasonal allergies were acting up and she didn't have her medication. Tomorrow is the biggest day of the con so it actually gives us time to rest up.

DSCN2721_zpsb721b2d8.jpg

I went to ACen. :) It was a good time. I missed the DC Shoot, unfortunately, but I didn't have any DC with me for this convention (still would've liked to have gone to watch). I did Jubilee a couple times (and other things), so if you saw a girl in a yellow trench coat walking around, you probably saw me. Hope you had a fun time.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back