ANIME Blaster Pistol - Captain Harlock gun COSPLAY

Harada357

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I wondered if more fans would be interested if it was an called another name . . . This is an ANIME COSPLAY design
DarkPistol.jpgIMG_0362.JPG IMG_0351.JPGIMG_0353.JPGIMG_0359.JPGIMG_0351.JPGIMG_0353.JPGIMG_0359.JPG

I like it. but why would harlock fans be more interested if you went with a generic name? when I search for "bladerunner blaster" i don't search "generic sci-fi gun" just curious. ;)

There is so much out there on the web and even in this forum - that many projects miss the fans intended to see it. I don't know how to title it without some feedback. What would title this project to reach the target audience?

It is hard to get a response. 80 people viewed this post so far.

I person responded. one person clicked the like button. Not very encouraging.

A lot of time and effort went into this project. It looks like no one is interested.

Thank you for a response.

Where are the detailed WIP shots and explanation on this wonderful piece of work.
It could be that not many know who Captain Harlock is.

Where are the detailed WIP shots and explanation on this wonderful piece of work.
It could be that not many know who Captain Harlock is.
Captain Harlock is an ANIME Character - Space Pirate Captain Harlock. This pistol is an original design - but one that has the feel of an Anime pistol like those of the Crew of the Arcadia would carry. There are no real WIP progress shots - I worked on the 3D model for three months tweaking it when I had time. I made it before 3D Printers existed. Then a friend, Russell Meyers was kind enough to print the pistol for me. That is how the pistol came to be.

Captain Harlock is an ANIME Character - Space Pirate Captain Harlock. This pistol is an original design - but one that has the feel of an Anime pistol like those of the Crew of the Arcadia would carry. There are no real WIP progress shots - I worked on the 3D model for three months tweaking it when I had time. I made it before 3D Printers existed. Then a friend, Russell Meyers was kind enough to print the pistol for me. That is how the pistol came to be.

Rather than have it as a sidearm for the crew of the Arcadia, maybe you could offer it as a sidearm for one of Harlock's enemies, Depending on which version of Harlock you want to use, there are the Mazon or the Illumidus Empire.

You could also offer it as a Garmillian sidearm fro Space Cruiser Yamato 2199.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Harlock, and was fascinated to learn he was going to be a character on Space cruiser Yamato. Very nice work!

Space Battle Ship Yamato 1999!
Nammed after the last battleship Yamato which it was hidden in during construction.
I didn't recognize him in it!

It looks like a well designed pistol from Matsumoto's universe.

A cross between the Cosmo Dragoon and the Cosmo Nambu.

This pistol is an original design

Well there you go. This is the replica prop forum, and while we do love original builds here it might not get the same interest as something actually used in a movie or tv show (animated or otherwise) since that's what most of us are here for. I wouldn't worry about it too much and just call it what it is, a gun inspired by Space Pirate Captain Harlock.

The title worked however I have to agree with Grey. I have several versions of the Dragoon and the Astro Automatic and would be interested in other canon weapons but an original work isn't going to get a lot of "bites". For people who are interested in a Cosmo Dragoon and don't have a $1000 to put down for a Leiji Small Arms #3 or a Tanaka Thunder Shop version you can go to Rgriesbeck's LTD Thread: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=232637&highlight=cosmo+dragoon. A lot of work and reference material went into it. He even mad a Mazon Detector!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back