Animatronics

Phonemonkey

Hi,

I have been sculpting for a few years now. I mainly sculpt in water based clay that is then fired. To take my "skills" to the next level, I am toying with the idea of taking a silicone mold of a generic human head sculpt to punch hair, etc. I am also thinking of adding some form of movement as well, ie. eyes opening and closing, moving left and right.

Has anyone had any experience of doing this at all? I have looked on line and there is various Youtube clips of animatronics but this seems to involve a lot of programming, etc.

I would be more inclined to go down a radio controlled route than programming if possible as electronics, soldering, etc are a very grey area. I know this will involve a huge learning curve but wondered if anyone could give any pointers on the best place to start.

Thanks

Thanks for the info, guys.

The more I look at it, the more I think I am going to contradict myself and go down the electronic/programming route instead. Will take a while but there's no pressure. Just doing it for the fun of it.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back