animatronic mandibles is it possible?

Yes and no. The holy grail of the pred costume world. Many have tried with varying degrees of success. There are some examples on youtube. Most people try a mechanical system operated by pullies built into a fibreglass under mask. It is then operated by the wearers jaw movement. It is technically possible but is the reserve of advanced experienced cosplayers.

The main hurdle is using the correct material. Liquid latex is too rigid to work properly. Foam latex is the best but has a short life and will rot quickly plus it is technically difficult to use, requires mixing several parts and needs baking in a special oven. That leaves silicone which is very expensive. Knock yourself out.

Last edited:
Personally I think all examples I've seen look crap and not satisfactorily to my liking which is why I've not and probably won't attempt it.

I agree ive seen some on youtube and the mechanics and some of the masks dont sync up together and it looks wrong.. Im going start doing the bad blood predator from the comic but i wont do mechanics but an awesome makeup could make up for it.. any idea how to get the skull and bones for it?

Bad-Blood-Predator-3.jpg

Most folk make the suits from scratch over a period of months and even years, bones and all. There are many sellers though that sell pieces. Ask around to see if anyone has what you want if you don't want to make everything yourself.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back