Animated TIE Fighter Short

Man this highly detailed and fast pace style of animation is what I miss from anime these days.

Also this makes me long for a new Tie Fighter game.

Loved it, but not so cool on the Joe Satriani type music for Star Wars, although I love his music--check out this one about the Silver Surfer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoERl34Ld00

Give it correct SW music and voice over and yeah I'm all for it.

Do probe droids ever say anything other than "paliabasenta paliabasend"?

Probe droids are actually quite loquacious and have been known to engage in spontaneous oratory on all range of subjects. The annual probe droid symposium on the ISD Revenant is supposed to be quite the gathering of droid intellectuals.

Probe droids are actually quite loquacious and have been known to engage in spontaneous oratory on all range of subjects. The annual probe droid symposium on the ISD Revenant is supposed to be quite the gathering of droid intellectuals.

They say it's quite a thing to see! :D

Last year I got to attend an all probe droid performance of Henry V. It was amazing.

Back on subject, I like the anime, but agree that better music would improve it greatly. For example the "Rage Mix" of the Imperial March, from Force Commander:

Last edited by a moderator:
Visually spectacular, but that music doesn't belong anywhere near SW. Not to mention it overpowered the sound FX to the point you could barely hear them at all. I would have preferred no music at all and just hearing all the sound effects. And what's the point in animating the mouths if you're not going to put a voice to it? Just my thoughts. I did like it otherwise, though.

My style of anime has always been more dragonball Z/thundercats era.....I never cared for this type of look because it looks so.....glossy for lack of a better term.
but it's no doubt what was done was impressive.

but this is what is missing from Rebels. A sesnse of Danger. Rebels is far too simplistic and Disney fied to really feel like star wars once the new ness wears off.

Too bad my TMNT recreation doesn't get any recognition. 4 years on that with more than just weekend work and i've got no previous training. just figuring it out as I go. maybe it doesn't look as impressive because the original animation wasn't much to it to begin with, and even that much i'm still having trouble replicating at times heh.

The music is of the same anime era as the animation. From that aspect, it is perfect.

From a strictly SW aspect, of course...

- - - Updated - - -

Do probe droids ever say anything other than "paliabasenta paliabasend"?
Yeah, that bothered me a teeny bit too. There are other probe droid sounds to be had, like from the video games.

Poor tactics by the Rebs. OF COURSE an attacking enemy would use the asteroid field to cover a flanking maneuver!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back