ANH Vader from Rubies lid

ob1al

Sr Member
Hi all

Having recently made an ESB Vader from a Rubies lid, I decided to try an ANH version.

It was a lot of work - I had to basically resculpt the faceplate and dome in order to get it anywhere close to an origiinal.

Having done the resculpt and sanded the thing silly, I opted to go down the original route and handpainted the entire thing with brushes. Having painted a lot of ESB and ROTJ lids in the past, this rough and ready approach kind of goes aganst the grain, but after studying multiple grabs from the blu rays I''m sure the original was painted this way. As in, shoddily!

Anyway, here are the current WIP pics, let me know what you think.

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

Regards,

Al

Last edited:
Nice job, Al. You really had your work cut out for you if you turned a
rubies into the beauty in those pics.. Really nice work :):thumbsup

Thanks bro. I'm going to add a set of shoulder armor and finish the paint off by trying too add the c scar and other little details. I'll
Post a pic when it's all finished.

There is no mount. There's just a bit of foam shoved in for now till the paint dries, it is high at the back. Will be corrected! :)

A little bit more work on this - added shoulder armour, lenses, mesh and more paint detailing. Here's how it's currently looking on display:

IMG_1344.jpg

There's still a few things to fix so it's a work in progress, but I'm pleased with how it's shaping up so far.

I'll try to take some better quality photos when everything is finished.

I decided to turn this into a lifesize piece. Still lots to do, the bodysuit, capes, gloves etc. are just placeholders for now. I made the leather cod myself and have scratchbuilt the belt boxes, aside from the green buttons which are the real deal - so can be transplanted later on when I decide to upgrade.

Here's a photo of where I am up to so far:

389171_2630817006927_1150431296_33244604_1937022426_n.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back