ANH Stormtrooper Helmet Grey

TazMan2000

Master Member
I was wondering if anyone knew an acceptable gloss grey for the ANH Stormtrooper helmet.
Research indicated that it is Humbrol Dark Admiralty Grey Gloss, but my local hobby stores don't carry much Humbrol and several online retailers seem to have it discontinued. With the online retailers that do offer it, it seems that I can't create an account because for some reason Canada isn't included in their list (even though they have "province or state" in their new customer signup area.
Researching equivalents, it seems that Vallejo, US Grey 71.047 is a suitable match, but I can't find if that paint is gloss, matte, flat, semi...or whatever. I'd like to avoid overpainting a gloss if I can avoid it.
Ideally, it would be an airbrushable paint, but I would even take a rattlecan or bottle if necessary.

TazMan2000

I used the Humbrol paints. There are the recommended colors.

Humbrol
- Dark Admiral Grey No 5
- French Blue No 14
- Gloss Black No 21

But there are equivalent colors, if the Humbrol colors aren’t available.

Testors -
Model Master:
- Gloss Black No 1747
- French Blue No 2715
Testors
- Grey No 1138

I would avoid spray paint, if you can. It's too unpredictable and uncontrollable.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back