anh stormtrooper blaster scope

Originally posted by Star Wars Man@Jan 10 2006, 07:20 PM
and tutorilas on a stortrooper blaster scope?
[snapback]1155666[/snapback]​

i had chicken tutorilas last night... :p

what exactly are you looking for??? attatchment how to? part identification? or do your own how to?

Originally posted by Star Wars Man@Jan 11 2006, 01:37 AM
i appolagize, i am following this site's tutorial on a blaster, yet it doesnt have a tut on a scope... http://www.imperial-fleet.com/bbcforum/viewtopic.php?t=104
[snapback]1155714[/snapback]​
A tutorial for a M19 scope can be found in another topic on the BBC board, two clicks away: http://www.imperial-fleet.com/bbcforum/viewtopic.php?t=87

The M19 is used also on the ESB DL-44, so it makes sense to have the tutorial in a separate topic. Check out the link to yet another M19 tutorial at the bottom.

sorry bud, meant to help ya. not make a joke and leave ya high and dry... :angel

i was away for a bit, i hope darth lars link helps ya out.

The m19 is not the 'classic' scope normally associated with the trooper blasters, thats a M38. The biggest differences being, the M38 is longer, and the does not have the side illumination socket, like the M19.

Here is a shot of one of my PVC blasters I made using the resin M38 castings. These were for the props used in my fan film:

27.jpg

It is cast off my original.

Note the M38 barrel length, and the fact that there is not much taper, unlike the M19.

Jim

BTW, I have not see a tutorial for the M38, but adapting the M19 version should be easy, and the M38 would be actually easier, since there is less taper.

Originally posted by 7-11 Jedi@Jan 10 2006, 07:09 PM
www.tk560.com/jegner/M19-scope-tutorial.pdf

Here ya go.  I made one from this, it's pretty easy.

Cheers.

Mike
[snapback]1155739[/snapback]​

Wow. That's MY tutorial. Any questions, let me know. It's been a while since I wrote that, and I've moved to using resin-cast scopes (easier, faster, look better), but I'll help however I can.

*EDIT*
BTW, if Jimbo's got any of his resin parts kits left over, buy a kit from him... the parts ROCK.

Doug

Originally posted by Jimbo890@Jan 11 2006, 03:19 AM
The m19 is not the 'classic' scope normally associated with the trooper blasters, thats a M38.
Just to inform, for Star Wars Man's sake: The M19 was used on E-11's in both ANH and ESB, but it is likely that more blasters in ANH had the M38. I don't know of any use of the M38 in ESB. Which scope is the most 'classic' is a matter of personal opinion. ;)

Check out the E-11 ANH Variation Guide on Parts of Star Wars for a list of the known variations in ANH. There may still have been some variations that have not been seen yet. Many blasters were made from real parts in ANH. In ESB most blasters were "stunts" cast in resin, all carrying the M19.

Originally posted by jedi5150+Jan 11 2006, 07:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jedi5150 @ Jan 11 2006, 07:49 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-7-11 Jedi
@Jan 10 2006, 07:09 PM
www.tk560.com/jegner/M19-scope-tutorial.pdf

Here ya go.  I made one from this, it's pretty easy.

Cheers.

Mike
[snapback]1155739[/snapback]​

Wow. That's MY tutorial. Any questions, let me know. It's been a while since I wrote that, and I've moved to using resin-cast scopes (easier, faster, look better), but I'll help however I can.

*EDIT*
BTW, if Jimbo's got any of his resin parts kits left over, buy a kit from him... the parts ROCK.

Doug
[snapback]1156021[/snapback]​
[/b]

Ys, I still have a scope or two left. The ones I did for the fan film are just about all gone. The molds are shot, so there will be no more. :(

And, Doug, yes, thats your tut. I preserved it over on my site, just incase it got lost. PM me and I'll be sure to get the right credits added to the site.

Jim

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back