ANH Luke Skywalker boots?

BrandtFX

Hey all,

I remember there was a research thread on the old board a while back. But I cant seem to find any of the information from it. Does anyone remember what type of Boots they used for Luke while Filming A New Hope?

Any Information would be appreciated..

-Mike

Yep, nobody knows what they were. They were very similar in style to Leia's though which made me think they were a found item but I never found anything in years of searching.

Very few people make replicas and even fewer make accurate replicas.

I have what I believe are the most accurate replicas made to date which I put a lot of research into. However, they weren't cheap. :unsure

Originally posted by apollo@Mar 7 2006, 10:48 PM
It was still a mystery last I read
[snapback]1200927[/snapback]​

Motorcowboy's look awful. Completely the wrong shape and they even have the wrong number of side splits.

Here are mine from The Magic Wardrobe. Their boots went through two revisions before I was happy with them. I admit I was a pain in their ass making them change everything again and again, but they'll admit it was worth it in the end as they are now producing the most accurate Luke boots anywhere :)

luke_boots1.jpg

luke_boots2.jpg

The man himself isn't quite finished yet but here's a preview. The glass eyes are temporary - wrong color and too big an iris.
luke_anh1.jpg

I was told once by someone who got to examine Luke's costume a long time ago, that the boots were custom made by Vans. I never did get around to try and confirm this with the company or not.

They came weathered. Not sure how they did them but they're really well done.

Originally posted by Pauleysolo@Mar 15 2006, 02:51 PM
Those boots look great Kurtyboy- did you weather them with an airbrush or pastels??
[snapback]1206210[/snapback]​

i'm not sure if they still have them...but payless had boots that were very very very close less than a year ago...they were in the women's section though...so they're really only an option if you've got small-ish feet....skott

I know the ones you mean. Some people have used them as a cheap option. But to say they are that similar to the originals is a big exageration.

Originally posted by mtsbspidey@Mar 16 2006, 04:08 PM
i'm not sure if they still have them...but payless had boots that were very very very close less than a year ago...they were in the women's section though...so they're really only an option if you've got small-ish feet....skott
[snapback]1207037[/snapback]​

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back