ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Two Greeblies FOUND, Update in 1st Post

Ho. Lee. SPIT!

That is amazing! Well done :)

Last edited:

Now the question is, how close is the grill in your parts run to the real deal?

Just bought two. Once my metal kit arrives, I'll decide on using the metal grill or this one. And one or the other will go on my spare Denix.

Last edited:
Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion

AMAZING detective work!
Great new about them still being available as well.

One correction though... you actually found THREE different ANH greeblies!!

The other piece at the top in this picture is what I've been referring to as the "catamaran". It's used on Greedo's blaster, Luke's long rifle, Luke's landspeeder dashboard, and the Merr Sonn blasters (the end of the plug sits on top of one of these). All of these greeblies show up on many, many ANH props.
Really excellent discovery!

OK, here's a comparison to Deadbolt's renders. So, do you think, based on the research, that the grill was still made from three pieces of this part? Based on a really quick look, seems like we will indeed need two of these cylinders to piece together a single grill?

GrillComparison.jpg

Last edited:

Here's a crude Photoshop build using your photo Deadbolt. The colorized version shows the three separate pieces.

GrillBuild.jpg

I am speechless!!!

You should tell Norman about this new discovery, so that he can include it in the article he posted over at tested.com :thumbsup

Markus

Absolutely awesome! I love it when discoveries like this are made. Huge amounts of kudos to you guys!

I cannot believe my furkin' eyes!!!!:eek You are a god.

I would love to see the "surprised" faces of the guys, who are running the webshop, when they receive orders for TONS of these parts suddenly *lol*

Also placed my order this morning ;)

Markus

Wow. Thanks Carson. Great find. Mind-blowing, really.
I just ordered 4 sets.
Great price too.

Reade Models may be puzzled as to the sudden mass sales of these cylinder kits:lol

Reade Models may be puzzled as to the sudden mass sales of these cylinder kits:lol

I just checked with them about US shipping since their website doesn't account for it. He said they do ship to the US, but they have to eat the difference in shipping cost. He also mentioned they had orders for about 50 cylinders this morning from America! He seemed a little surprised. :)
The cylinders are "made to order" and he hopes to make them all this weekend and ship next week.

That's funny. I just did the auto-checkout and it set the shipping to like 1.77GBP, seemed a bit low.

Hope you left some for us other guys :lol

Markus

First comes, first served. :love

No, i only ordered 10 sets. :lol (2 for Han ANH, 1 for Greedos gun, 3 for Leias DDCs, 4 for the MerrSonn)

I don´t even know if i will use them directly - by accident i learned that in a city nearby there is a company/forgery that does only alu casting. Probably i will chime in there in the new year to ask if they do one-offs, or maybe at least small runs for private persons, too. Together with these cylinders i have some stuff here (also the scopemount of my ANH) i would love to see cast in Alu. Sure, it will depend on what prices they were asking (IF they want to do such small orders ...), but maybe it opens me a new field for my parts. Maybe even cast MGCs? :confused

No idea for possible prices, I never had alu castings made for me, so never paid for it. But i assume it might be cheaper than machining such parts one by one.

Great find!

End of an era!

Three cheers for the RPF!

Nick

I just checked with them about US shipping since their website doesn't account for it. He said they do ship to the US, but they have to eat the difference in shipping cost. He also mentioned they had orders for about 50 cylinders this morning from America! He seemed a little surprised. :)
The cylinders are "made to order" and he hopes to make them all this weekend and ship next week.

I also emailed him and by the time he had replied the number of orders was up to 70!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back