ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found (No PS Discussion, other than photos and finds)

Vanitas

Sr Member
In other news, just picked up another new goodie!

The windage knob base is a little different to the screen-used scope and it's also still the wrong model, but the price was cheap enough that I felt it was still worth getting. Definitely glad to have finally replaced the first 4x31 scope I sold a while back!

Attachments

• 20220824_172644.jpg
    20220824_172644.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:

chubsANDdoggers

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Some mods still need to be worked out and still missing one print to finish it off but it’s very close. HUGE thank you to deadbolt. I know this is not how you envisioned it when you originally designed it up but your c96 model is absolutely gorgeous!

I’m not done yet but still a big thank you to everyone who’s contributed openly and honestly to this very thread over the years. Specifically and obviously Pat (kpax) and Caron for getting this ball rolling.

It’s not perfect by no means but it’s definitely getting there!

697AEC5C-5F6D-4E12-8A8C-FF7D5C1871D5.jpeg
3B34D2AF-FCD9-454B-8E7D-488DDF2BDAA0.jpeg
D517E045-2BB6-4BFA-A961-F10F47B18047.jpeg
BF719D0A-5907-442B-A058-A357FC2C9B59.jpeg

There is more progress pics here if interested..

Last edited:

Psab keel

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Out of curiosity, has anyone here switched the grips from the Redwolf Airsoft Han Solo blaster with the standard Denix Plastic Grips? Would they even fit the airsoft?

Thanks for any feedback. I picked up the airsoft late last year but I've been considering changing out the grips.

chubsANDdoggers

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Out of curiosity, has anyone here switched the grips from the Redwolf Airsoft Han Solo blaster with the standard Denix Plastic Grips? Would they even fit the airsoft?

Thanks for any feedback. I picked up the airsoft late last year but I've been considering changing out the grips.

No unfortunately the denix grips won’t fit that airsoft. Different frame size.

el toro

Sr Member

I believe the airsoft needs slightly smaller grips, but the interior structure doesn’t work either. The only other option would be to find wood grips and sand them down to fit. If I can find my airsoft and other grips, I’ll check them out and let you know for sure.

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Unrelated to the airsoft, I have re sculpted grips a lot. Removing material and adding it, one trick I used was to wrap the frame in Saran Wrap or something. I filled the grip with apoxie sculpt and pressed it into place. After removing you’re usually left with an exact impression of the shape you need, and it doesn’t shrink very much when drying.

Wood grips are better if you need to re-shape the round portion, you can remove material and re stain. It is also possible to fill red-9 grips with putty and carve the lines and re paint. That’s very tricky… I put lines in with toothpicks and left it alone. After it dries I use a hacksaw or something to clean the grooves and then sand the surface and it’s usually uniform!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.