ANH Graflex PROMO Photo Clamp #114A/_ _ Folmer Graflex New York 3-Cell Flash with Clamp #114A/63

The Ninja

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Folmer Graflex New York 3-Cell Flash with Clamp Number 114A/63

I thought it best to start a new thread to allow discussion on the recent information posted in my Hunting Thread & the Historical Threads;

The Ninja - Star Wars Vintage Parts Hunting and Props - UPDATE Folmer NY Flash Clamp RAF REF 114A/63
Graflex numbers
Looking for a couple lightsaber images

I recently won the UK auction for the Graflex with number 114A/63 stamped on the Clamp.

1.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg 2.jpg

The Flash is in fact a vintage Folmer Graflex New York 3-Cell Flash with Clamp Number 114A/63.

The number (although the complete number could not be seen) was identified on the Clamp in a Promo Photo and in the Star Wars Chronicles Book

ANH Serial Number 1.jpeg

ANH Serial Number 2.jpg

Photos courtesy of original RPF posters.

2048.jpg

2048x200Crop.jpg

ANH Serial Number 1.jpeg ANH Serial Number 2.jpg2048.jpg2048x200Crop.jpg

The Folmer Graflex 3-Cell Flash with the R.A.F. REF 114A/63 is part of the UK R.A.F. Graflex Type 1 Ground Camera Kit the R.A.F. REF numbers are allocated to each part of the kit similar to the R.A.F. REF Numbers allocated to the R.A.F. MPP Micro Technical S92 Ground Camera Kit.

4.jpg

4.jpg

R.A.F. Graflex Type 1 Ground Camera Kit R.A.F. REF numbers identified so far;

114A/6 - Graflex Anniversary Speed Graphic Camera
114A/63 - Folmer Graflex New York 3-Cell Flash
114A/606 - Graphic No.2 Kodak Supermatic / Ektar Kodak f4.7 127mm Lens

R.A.F. Type 1 Ground Camera Information

1942 - 194?

R.A.F Type 1 Speed Graphic
This is the USA made British Royal Air Force version of the US AAF C-3 with Supermatic shutter, Ektar 127mm lens, later Graflex solenoid and the second model of the first type of Graflex flash. An Anniverary Speed Graphic from 1942.

Anniversary Speed Graphic. Royal Air Force (Great Britain) Type 1 Ground Camera. Standard WW2 black leather/black hardware finish. Kodak Supermatic shutter/Wollensak Velostigmat f4.7 127mm lens. Official military metal plate attached to outside of the front door. Quite rare.

4.jpg

4.jpg

Photos provided by Edraven99

RAF Graflex 1.jpg

RAF Graflex 2.jpg

RAF Graflex 3.jpg

RAF Graflex 1.jpg RAF Graflex 2.jpg RAF Graflex 3.jpg

Last edited:
How do we know that the toe pic and the picture of the lightsaber by itself are the same prop?
That's a good question. I don't have access to the old photos myself, so it would be cool to see what's out there.

These pictures from roygilsing might be evidence:

Hero-promo-1.jpg Hero-promo-2.jpg

Presuming Roy didn't have to realign the D-ring to make it fit for either of these. The implication seems to be he didn't, but it would be good to know explicitly.

Last edited:
If it is the same saber it would have two rivets at the bottom of tge saber were I circled. At first I thought I saw two rivit heads but looking closer it may just be a mark on the grips,similar marks are on the top of the
AE400F5A-BBEA-4E6A-AB6A-A5C691B7E2EB.jpeg
grips as well which I also circled

Such a cool find.

Regardless of the toe pic, I thought the photo with just the Graflex is from the same set as the Han ANH Blaster and the Obi Wan Chronicles pic. That might mean it is the hero prop?

My old brain may have confused information I had read on the possible relationship between the Promo Photo Saber & the Toe Pic Saber I will edit & remove from my initially post so not to confuse any discussion on the finding of a vintage R.A.F. Graflex Type 1 Ground Camera Kit - Folmer Graflex New York 3-Cell Flash 114A/63

Such a cool find.

Regardless of the toe pic, I thought the photo with just the Graflex is from the same set as the Han ANH Blaster and the Obi Wan Chronicles pic. That might mean it is the hero prop?

Thanks buddy :) that's interesting info on the photos do you remember the threads these photos were discussed?

I thought the photo with just the Graflex is from the same set as the Han ANH Blaster and the Obi Wan Chronicles pic. That might mean it is the hero prop?

Star Wars Chronicles Book

I scanned Page 73 of my copy of the book which has the 3x ANH sabers, unfortunately I only have a home scanner that could not fit the complete page and the scans were reduced so I could upload.

2048.jpg

2048x200Crop.jpg

2048.jpg 2048x200Crop.jpg

This image has been discussed before;

Graflex numbers

Last edited:
Sorry but I'm a bit confused ( as usual )
- are you trying to identify your recent purchase of 114A/63 as the same unit in the promo picture (114A/??) ?
or just clamp?
or ???

Sorry but I'm a bit confused ( as usual )
- are you trying to identify your recent purchase of 114A/63 as the same unit in the promo picture (114A/??) ?
or just clamp?
or ???

I posted for information & discussion.

The Folmer Graflex 3-Cell Flash 114A/63 that I purchased & the Promo Photo Graflex with the stamping on Clamp Bar 114A/-- would appear to be both a Folmer Graflex 3-Cell Flash from a R.A.F. Graflex Type 1 Ground Camera Kit, unless the Clamp was swapped on the Promo Photo Saber.

The Folmer Graflex 3-Cell Flash from the Kit were stamped 114A/63 which is their R.A.F. REF number.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back