ANH Graflex build questions

codyholla

Hello Guys,

I am new to the whole building aspect of sabers, and have a couple (probably simple) questions that are driving me a little nuts. I am semi-confidant on most of the tasks that go into this, but running into a few confusing roadblocks. I am definitely not an electronics expert, I have come to realize. If I could just layout what I have currently and someone could assist in getting me on the right track, I would appreciate it beyond belief. Here are the parts I have acquired -

The Graflex Shop
Graflex Gen2
Solo's Hold
NWL Master BladeHolder
Goth 3designs
Knight Var1 Chassis
NWL BladeHolder Greeblies
WannaWanga
Handle Rivets
Grip Guide
ANH grip/D ring/bubble card Set
The Custom Saber Shop
TriCree LED RGrB
TriCree Lens
Thermal Tape Pad
Panasonic 18650 Battery
Smart Charger w/ 2.1 Charger Adapter
CFX Soundboard
Flat Tactile Switch
Stealth Bass Speaker
OLED Screen
CFX Mat
KR Sabers
4-40 Threaded Rod
Brass Rod
Blade Plug
Bluetooth Module
3mm RGB slow flash & RGB fast flash LEDs
5mm Blue LED - 1ea
3mm Green LED - 1ea
3mm Lime LED - 1ea
2.1 Charge Port
Slider Switch
Amazon
Electronics Soldering Iron
Solder Tips
Solder
Wire 28awg PTFE
Shrink Tube
Brass Hex Nuts
3W 0.3-10ohm Resistors

I am running into confusion in two places... Resistors, and whether or not I need an LED housing in the Solo's Hold NWL Master BladeHolder. Or maybe I am missing something that is completely obvious.. I got resistors but am now feeling like they are massive and will not fit.. What wattage could I get away with in order to save space? I used the calculator on TCSS and came up with the following -

Battery - 3.7v Panasonic 18650

RGrB Tri Cree CopperNova XP-E2

Red Cree - Forward Voltage / Current: 3.7V | 1000mA … 1.05R/1.05W
Green Cree - Forward Voltage / Current: 2.65V | 1000mA … 0R/0W
Royal Blue Cree - Forward Voltage / Current: 3.4V | 1000mA … 0.3R/0.3W
----------------------------------------------
Accent LEDs
5mm Blue LED - Forward Voltage / Current: 3.2V - 3.8V | 20mA … -5R/0.002W
3mm Slow Flash RGB - Forward Voltage / Current: 3V - 3.2V | 20mA … 25R/0.01W
3mm Fast Flash RGB - Forward Voltage / Current: 3V - 3.2V | 20mA … 25R/0.01W
3mm Green LED - Forward Voltage / Current: 3.2V - 3.8V | 20mA … -5R/0.002W
3mm Lime LED - Forward Voltage / Current: 2V - 2.2V | 20mA … 75R/0.03W
(Does anything else need resistors?)

Also, nowhere I have found has shown or mentioned an LED housing for the NWL BladeHolder.. I know this was long winded, but any light someone could shed would help a ton. Or tell me I am overthinking everything, would also be helpful.

Hello Guys,

I am new to the whole building aspect of sabers, and have a couple (probably simple) questions that are driving me a little nuts...

Not sure about the Crystal Focus soundboard but with the Nano Biscotte V4 board you really only need resistors on the red main and accent LEDs. I'm doing an MPP 2.0 now with a Master Chassis using 2W, 1 Ohm resistors on the main LEDs (RRW) and 1/4W, 150 Ohm resistors on the 5mm crystal chamber and accent LEDs. Works just fine.

28ga wires may be a bit large. I used 28ga wires on my Graflex 2.0 with a Knight Chassis and it was a tight fit. I'm using 30ga wires with the MPP 2.0 and lots of room.

Also, not many of us here do FX builds. The oracle for that is the fx-sabers and CSS forums. Good luck, man.

Not sure about the Crystal Focus soundboard but with the Nano Biscotte V4 board you really only need resistors on the red main and accent LEDs. I'm doing an MPP 2.0 now with a Master Chassis using 2W, 1 Ohm resistors on the main LEDs (RRW) and 1/4W, 150 Ohm resistors on the 5mm crystal chamber and accent LEDs. Works just fine.

28ga wires may be a bit large. I used 28ga wires on my Graflex 2.0 with a Knight Chassis and it was a tight fit. I'm using 30ga wires with the MPP 2.0 and lots of room.

Also, not many of us here do FX builds. The oracle for that is the fx-sabers and CSS forums. Good luck, man.

1/4W would be a life saver on the accents. And the 28awg I was thinking may be large after reading GOTH-3Designs recommendation.. I will test it out when I get my chassis next week, and if a no go, I’ll get some 30awg. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I will peruse fx-sabers and CSS for more info.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back