ANH DL-44 Denix question

jheilman

Sr Member
OK, am selling my resin Solo blaster kit and several other items because I want the $$ for a decent ANH blaster replica. I know there is more than enough reference on accurizing on the RPF, but which base gun best fits my budget?

Obviously an original Mauser is out of the question unless I have a few thousand to drop. I've seen reference made to an MGC Mauser. Is this a firing or non-firing replica? In searching, I have not found an online source to purchase and am curious of the price range. I'm guessing they are $400-$500? Finally, there are the Denix replicas. Is there only one model of Denix broomhandle Mauser available? I ask because the pics at various online sellers differ in color of the body and the grips. Of course, price also varies, but they are very affordable.

Haven't dived into a project like this since I built up a TOS phaser over many months about 10 years ago. Looking forward to absorbing all the info available here and hopefully finding all the necessary add-ons I'll eventually need.

Thanks.

The MGC is a non-firing replica, just like the Denix, but is more accurate in terms of the model that the DL-44 was based on. As for an online vendor, I don't believe they are being produced anymore, but they are still in the same price range as the Denix is, just harder to come by

Really, I thought they were considerably more expensive. Good news. Now, to find one. If I can't, are there different Denix Mausers available, or is the inconsistency in the various pix I've found just a fluke of the various vendors?

They ARE not only harder to come by but also much more expensive!

Of course you can get lucky by finding one of ebay, a gunshow or fleamarket, but usually they fetch good money! While a Denix can be purchased from $40-60, a MGC runs from $150 - $350 depending on condition and demand from other interested parties.

Sorry to burst your bubble :unsure

Markus

They ARE not only harder to come by but also much more expensive!

Of course you can get lucky by finding one of ebay, a gunshow or fleamarket, but usually they fetch good money! While a Denix can be purchased from $40-60, a MGC runs from $150 - $350 depending on condition and demand from other interested parties.

Markus

Well there I go, giving wrong information :lol I was sure that I had seen others get MGCs for much less than that... Perhaps that was a fluke

it may not be the most accurate, but there are metal Airsoft Mausers out there...

Yes there are metal airsofts out there, but I haven't been able to find one that is the right size for less than what you would pay for a Denix... Might as well get a Denkx :)

im using this aisoft mauser for mine: HFC C96 Mauser Airsoft Pistol Review - YouTube
not my review, but it shows it off a bit more than a pic would.
its accurate size and is incredibly heavy and feels like it should. as far as i know its accurate detail wise too but im not an expert. the coolest thing for me is that it actually shoots! i plan on still using mine to play airsoft with it a bit once im done with it.

Markus

No, no, that's what I expected.

More research tells me the needed parts are sometimes difficult to come by. Blast Tech being one of the main sources. Another thread recommended saving the effort and finding an MR. They said they could be had in the $300-$400 range. Really?!? The ones I've seen for sale go for twice that and more.

I'm thinking the Denix is the route to go. Then spend the time scrounging for parts. In that sense, it's like my phaser build. There are occasional runs of parts and you just have to get in on them when you see them. Agreed?

So, with regards to accuracy, how is Blast Tech's stuff? His pics are SO small on the site. Can someone show better pics of their blaster made with Blast Tech items? And also give an accuracy assessment?

$200 for the kit isn't bad, but are there more accurate alternatives currently available? How difficult is it to find the real scope? (and how much?)

The problem with those metal airsofts are that they are modeled after a later version of the mauser that is different than the one used as the base of the prop. The big tell is that lever on the left side. There should be no lever there and instead, a square shaped cutout.

I do believe in the last few years, denix has offered a version with real wood grips. In the past, some people have just replaced the plastic with real mauser replacement wood grips. However, if you wanted to do that, be prepared to cut/trim away a section of the metal frame around the grip as the grip area is slightly oversized from that of a real mauser.

Looks like a denix. See that diamond shape in the middle of the left side. That is the Denix logo... most people grind/sand that away because it should not be there on a real mauser.

what's odd is the Denix they show here: http://www.amazon.com/Broomhandled-Mauser-1898-Black-12-5-inches/dp/B003CZGQX0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_misc_2 does not have the logo. So either Denix has changed and no longer put the logo on the side or they are doing a bait and switch thing. I've not bought a Denix for close to 10 years now so I do not know of any changes if there has been any.

OK, so it's not like this is a different, more accurate replica? Amazon lists 2 Denix models and this one by International Military Antiques. If they are all the same gun, I'll take the least expensive.

OK, purchased a Denix. The vendor tells me it has wood grips. Will see in a week or so. Step one - done.

So, would still love to hear opinions on the accuracy of the Blast Tech parts.

Thanks.

OK, purchased a Denix. The vendor tells me it has wood grips. Will see in a week or so. Step one - done.

So, would still love to hear opinions on the accuracy of the Blast Tech parts.

Thanks.

i tried to go the blast tech rout, but after contacting him he said he didn't have any of the anh parts in and only vary few esb parts :/

i got a great kit from a member here that came with an extra resin scope cast from an original, so if your interested in it just pm me. i got the flash hider from here: Evolution Props it hasn't arrived yet, but its been shipped.
if you want to see pics of the scope there's one on my build thread.

hope that helps!

Yes, I've seen your build thread. I'm thinking I'll take my time and try to acquire the best individual parts I can afford. I'd really love a genuine scope. I found one that is very close for $100.

Anyone have a spare scope they'd like to sell?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back