ANH DL-44 Denix question

i have about 8 sets of the piston parts that go on the side.. i am going to post them forsale in the junkyard when i get the permission.. i got them out of the model engine that the real ones come from.. so if you are in the market for true parts i have a set i can sell you pm me... i can send you pics..

If you're talking the Visible V-8 piston halves, I believe those were introduced on the ESB blaster, correct? But thanks for the offer.

Well, my Denix with wood grips arrived. I like it, but will make a few mods to it. The extra-extended firing pin needs to be dremeled down. I agree with a previous post (by kpax?) that the screw at the front attaching the body to receiver looks wrong. Not sure how to make it look better? Also, the receiver doesn't seem completely level with the body front to back. Not sure if I want to get accurate sized wood grips and resize the grip frame? Probably not.

Any other little mods that would make the Denix better resemble the real thing?

Be careful with that screw because it effects the functionality. If you make it too tight, it does not allow the slide to move freely. But if you do not care about that aspect, then no big deal.

The first thing, as you may already know but i will say it anyway, is to remove the diamond shaped denix logo on the side. And of course as you said, that nub under the hammer.

If you look at the bottom at the magazine well, you can see some grooves on the side, it indicates a separate plate but if you look at the bottom, it lacks any detail. It should look like this: http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/6206110137/8059236/eba13617ca143837283a571167ff8d79.jpg

You can add this with a dremel.

IMHO, I always recommend removing as much of the a paint as possible (nothing major, just go over it with some steel wool. You are going to need to repaint it anyhow once you make mods but in my experience the paint that is on there right now is pretty bad, it can scratch off with your fingernail (they might have changed this since the 10 years I have worked on one). So I figure that before you apply a new paint job, you should have a decent base.

Oh yeah, I intend to grind down that logo. Also planned to hit the gun with a dremel wire wheel to remove paint. Adding the magazine parting line on the bottom is a great tip. You know, I could probably even drill a hole for the magazine release button and the glue a BB to it from the inside.

That screw seems tight in front, but there's still a gap between receiver and body in that area. Will experiment more. Anyone disassembled a Denix? Looks like 3 pins and one screw holding everything together. Might make it easier to strip and repaint.

Three main reasons I would have loved an MGC over this would be removable magazine, working safety lever and the ability to field strip it. But even if I found one available (tried) I doubt I could afford it. Still holding a small hope for a real scope in the future. Again, probably not in the cards.

...I would have loved an MGC over this would be removable magazine...

Okay, I'm not a gun guy so forgive my stupidity but isn't the Han blasters based off a 1896 Mauser? And if so, isn't it an internal magazine that is loaded by stripper clip and can be unloaded by opening the panel on the bottom. I do not think a removable magazine was introduced till the Spanish made M1932. That is like the Mauser the airsoft is replicated (the one with the wedge shaped lever on the side)

Well, for not being a gun guy, you knew more than me. :confused

I thought I saw a youtube clip of the stripper clip being loaded from the bottom. I guess that's what I meant. Not like a magazine off a modern automatic.

EDIT - just watched again. It was basically the floor plate and attached spring that pop out the bottom.

Last edited:
Not sure if I want to get accurate sized wood grips and resize the grip frame? Probably not.
I've done that, and it's a bit of work but well worth it. Shrinking that fat grip really helps "de-Denix" the look of the blaster:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

As for paint, I don't bother removing the original. It gives character to the weathering when scuffs to your new paint reveal the slightly different shade of the original.

Nice.

So, do replacement grips come with the brass hardware or is that a separate purchase from the hardware store? Is the brass grip screw correct for the original?

Thanks. Saw that one a couple weeks back, but always valuable to reread. I think I'll do this. I'm no stranger to reshaping metal and wood, so might be fun.

Am I correct in thinking the new grips have a brass screw on one side and an embedded brass nut in the other? I like that look, but is it correct to the original prop? The Denix has a central plate and each side has it's own, shorter screw.

I've always bought my grips at gun shows, and they always came with hardware. Mind you, the hardware will keep the grips attached to each other but not to the grip frame, as there will be nothing for the screw to pass through once you have modded the grip. The pressure keeps them on well enough for display, but if you'll be handling the gun much, the new grips will need to be epoxied.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back